Look out with American Airlines

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by gallivant, Sep 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    To my surprise a day before leaving my itinerary had a missing leg (LIM -MIA) . Originally there now gone. It was resolved but not without messing up my long term plans. Fluke or not? Also watch out for all the delays. On 9/23 at DFW it looked like half the flights were delayed.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    How did it mess up your long term plans if it was resolved with a phone call? You're aware that LAN has been having some significant computer/reservations, issues, right? Was that on LAN or AA (that leg), and what were your others on?

Just posted about the 9/23 delays on my blog, BTW (link in siggy).

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well we have to leave Peru earlier having to cancel prepaid plans
    and then we leave in the middle of the night. So what we do is wonder around Lima or sit around airport? Two prospects that don thrill me. Do I sound whinney? I made these reservations a long time ago and made my plans.
    Booked with AA took Alaska to DFW where the many delays were. Seemed as if AA cared about only AA connections in MIA.

4. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA is a mess right now.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm still confused. If they just added the missing leg back as it was, why did anything change?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think the confusion lies in the definition of "long term plans". OP seems to have added a flight back to the itinerary but the flight they have now is a different departure time than they'd originally planned for, causing them to skip out on some plans they've made (pre-paid it seems) and either sit at the airport or wander Lima.

My definition of that situation would be that those were actually short term plans, but to each their own. ;)

LETTERBOY likes this.