Longer waits on the 1K line?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sunseeker, May 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the last 6 years I can hardly ever remember having to wait for an agent on the 1K line. In the last month I have called about 6 times and have had to wait every single time usually 2 to 4 minutes, and once in the wee hours (EDT) a whopping 15 minutes. What are other 1K'S experiencing? What are waits like on CO plat lines?

Is this another CWWL (change we will like)?

2. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had what seemed longer waits in my last few calls to 1K line and have wondered if it was more random or it was across the board.

sdcarver

karenkay likes this.
  3. yonajon
    Original Member

yonajon Active Member

Status Points:
    I've been waiting between 15 seconds and 60 seconds

4. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed this over the past 6 months to a year that my wait time is usually about 1 to 3 minutes.

5. seaflyguy
    Original Member

seaflyguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed this just recently, in the last 2-3 months. I've been a 1K for years now and I can't ever remember having to wait more than 15 seconds except during huge weather-induced morasses.

6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe if you guys stopped calling the 1K line it would help the rest of us to get through faster:)

cordray2643 likes this.
  7. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Past two days have been pretty rough with bad weather in ORD.
    This evening after waiting on hold for 5 min I was connected to the ICC, where I proceeded to be pinged around for 20 min.

So. Frustrating.

8. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I have well over 100 UA flights a year and obviously call 1K desk a lot.

The last month or so, the wait time has been significant most times of the day, something I've never for the many years I've been 1K.

Today I asked as I was on the phone with a supervisor IRT a seat request an agent couldn't do. The great number of Continental elites now have access to 1K desk and are obviously using it well.. According to the supervisor, there has been no increase in manning the 1K lines and they have no info when it will improve.
    I hope they won't put CO agents manning 1K desk.

sunseeker likes this.
  9. Mrs. Fredd
    Original Member

Mrs. Fredd Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if some of the people manning the 1K desk are really general agents (or even India)? Yesterday I had an agent who didn't know about obtaining a visa for Australia (checked with a supervisor to find out how to do it), and repeatedly asked me whether my "surname" was my first or last name and what "given name" meant. And this after waiting on hold for about 5 minutes. (Maybe they switch after a few minutes?)

10. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny, I've never gotten right through on the 1k line -- always a wait.

11. karenkay
    Original Member

karenkay Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've experienced the same thing.

12. zippypam

zippypam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would only wish for those waits. Just to make you feel better - one night last week I was on hold for 3 of the 6 hours that I was connected to CO international reservations. It took 3 agents to change my flights, which couldn't be done online. I finished at 3 am. If this is shades of things to come because of the merger (their explanation), I will stick with AA. Ouch. Obviously I have no status with CO/UA but sure wish I did. The reports of wait times on this thread are proof of a real benefit of status given what I have dealt with.