London suffers Olympics tourism slump as famous sites have lowest visitor numbers in years

Discussion in 'Europe' started by uggboy, Oct 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || London suffers Olympics tourism slump as famous sites have lowest visitor numbers in years ||

Makes for some interesting reading, but I think London will recover, it's a world capital, it's a city which draws many people. Remember the adage: Who he is tired of London, it tired of life. London will bounce back with more visitors to come IMHO. For us, London is a magnet and we feel that we see / experience always something new with each visit to this most fascinating city.:)

Jimgotkp and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    With the terrible weather from April up to the Olympics beginning, I'm not surprised outdoor tourism suffered. London was definitely pretty mellow during the games and we noticed.

:)

Jimgotkp and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's interesting how weather can have such a power on travel / holiday planning for many. IMHO, the Olympics have been a success and I'm sure visitors will return to London, there's enough to do, many new things to explore. When there's rain outside, there will always be Harrods!:)

Jimgotkp likes this.
  4. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The airfares to LHR from the NYC are :rolleyes:, so that's discouraging.:(

uggboy likes this.