London suffers Olympics tourism slump as famous sites have lowest visitor numbers in years

Discussion in 'Europe' started by uggboy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || London suffers Olympics tourism slump as famous sites have lowest visitor numbers in years ||

Makes for some interesting reading, but I think London will recover, it's a world capital, it's a city which draws many people. Remember the adage: Who he is tired of London, it tired of life. London will bounce back with more visitors to come IMHO. For us, London is a magnet and we feel that we see / experience always something new with each visit to this most fascinating city.:)

Jimgotkp and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    With the terrible weather from April up to the Olympics beginning, I'm not surprised outdoor tourism suffered. London was definitely pretty mellow during the games and we noticed.

:)

Jimgotkp and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's interesting how weather can have such a power on travel / holiday planning for many. IMHO, the Olympics have been a success and I'm sure visitors will return to London, there's enough to do, many new things to explore. When there's rain outside, there will always be Harrods!:)

Jimgotkp likes this.
  4. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The airfares to LHR from the NYC are :rolleyes:, so that's discouraging.:(

uggboy likes this.