London St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by RJWarrior, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. This hotel is taking reservations beginning in March. The official opening is not until May. The former Midland Grand Hotel has been completely renovated. From the pictures, the property seems very impressive and unique. I've made an award reservation for the spring. I'll make sure to report back on the stay and whether I receive any MR benefits.

2. SVJ
    Original Member

SVJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also have a stay booked in early April. Have seen building in person and it is very very impressive on outside and convenient fro trains/undergournd. I suspect big $ have been spent on renovations.

3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Am looking forward to this...usually use my points for Kensington Marriott but may have to try this out next time I'm in London...

5. COFlyerCLE
    Original Member

COFlyerCLE Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't wait to check this out. The pics look amazing!

6. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Someone stayed there on the first day of the 'soft' opening & did a report on it in FT in the Marriott forum. Obviously a lot of glitches, but when they get ironed out looks like it will be a good property.

Cheers.

COFlyerCLE likes this.
  7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this hotel in February 2012. For a mid-scale hotel in London, it was pretty good. Over-the-top it is not, but if you're looking for a decent "corporate-budget-type" hotel in London, this property warrants consideration.

Full visit report, with lots of pictures, here... http://www.sitinfirst.com/?p=647