London Pass Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by garyst16, Apr 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone every purchased/used the London Pass? I have a trip coming up next week and have 1 free day and am wondering if it will be worth the 47 pounds for 1 day. I am also thinking about riding around on the hop on/hop off buss and doing my own thing...

Thoughts?

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would personally pass on London Pass. I hate heavily promoted spots and fighting mobs of tourists.
    Your second option sounds much more fun and enjoyable. You're probably an experienced traveler, and can do a good job of picking your own locations to visit.

garyst16 likes this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was my initial thought as well, but figured others would have and share their opin!

MX likes this.
  4. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would skip it - I love walking around the city especially the the Thames area from St Paul's then cross Millennium bridge to Tate Modern and Globe theatre to Tower Bridge and then tube to Big Ben and London Eye with a few pub stops along the way. Another option is walks.com no reservations, cheap, small group and interesting options (ie pub tour, Jack the Ripper tour) each day differs -

MX and garyst16 like this.