London Mayfair Hotel October Stay

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by colt245, Oct 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last weekend I stayed at the May Fair Hotel in London. Boasting to be a Five Star Hotel it does definitely have its positives, but there are a few negatives which I personally encountered.
    Considering the price that they charge you for a night at the hotel, (and we had a deal as we were part of a wedding package) the room was not particularly spectacular, IMO, see images attached, although the room was very modern, and the bed was extremely comfy, the bathroom was probably the most impressive part as it was very big. However, the room itself was rather small, there was only one small window in the room which overlook a roof to another section of the building, so natural light in the room was extremely limited, and the lighting overall in the room was particularly dark. Speaking to other guests they had similar opinions on this matter. However, upon visiting another room on the same floor, and paying a similar price, the room was much bigger, (granted they had two beds in the room) the windows much larger and felt a lot more luxurious.
    Unfortunately my pictures do not show much, but the wardrobe was a rail in the bathroom on the wall, luckily we stayed only one night and did not particularly need the ''wardrobe''.
    The panoramic shot was taken in the ''hallway'' section by the door that you often find in hotel rooms so you can get an understanding of overall look and size of the room.
    The stay was pleasant and the location great, but considering less than a minute way there is a perfectly nice Holiday Inn for half the price if you were looking to stay in this location I would not personally pick the May Fair for my first choice. Further still, at the wedding breakfast which had been booked weeks in advance, there was extremely poor, slow service getting everyone food, considering people were ordering egg on toast, hardly justified a 20 minute wait.
    This could have simply been a one off experience I experienced, and there may be those who find the May Fair a great place to stay, but I've definitely had better hotels!

violist and uggboy like this.
  2. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    photo 3.JPG photo 2.JPG

uggboy likes this.
  3. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry the images are on the side! photo 1 (800x267).jpg

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy