London Indigo Hotels Review: "Tower Hill" VS "Paddington"

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Mark.Dragon, Apr 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello!

For finishing my "Crack the Case" Promo i have to stay at a Indigo Hotel and so i make a "Mattress Run" to London were i have enjoy some Nights at both Hotels of the Indigo branch there..

Here are my reviews of the Indigo "Tower Hill" and the Indigo "Paddington"!
    I hope you enjoy it and if you have some questions -> so just ask...

Greetings Mark

uggboy likes this.
  2. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hotel Indigo ' Tower of Hill '

The hotel lies traffic-technically for a good price very near the Subway Station "Tower Hill" and is from Airport Heatrow with the tube after once Change within approx. 60 minutes to reach. After only approx. 5 minutes on foot from the station Tower Hill along the Minories Road you stand already before the entrance.
    As a result of the position it comes up to the following places of interest from there to explore: Tower bridge, The Tower of London, Belfast HMS, the Monument, the Bank of England, Mansion House, the 'Gerkin' office tower as well as also Shakespeare Globe theater and the Millenium bridge.
    I recommend to walk here the Tower bridge along over the Thames and then to walk over the Millenium bridge on other side of the River Thames back to the Tower. So you can see in a walk of approx. 2 hour the most places of interest of this part of town "East" and "City"!

The hotel was opened in summer 2010 and does justice to his call as a boutique hotel absolutely. Each of a total of 46 rooms is furnished in another style and other colors.
    The equipment is high-quality as expected and all conceivable required fitments like air-conditioning, water cooker with a choice of different tea kinds, ironing board and iron, bathrobe and slippers, Dockingstation for IPOD/IPhone, big TV LCD as well as a Nespresso Essenza with some different capsules of espresso! Also various Amenities in the bath of the company "Averda" existing in sufficient amount.

As a Platinum (Ambassador) I got the following special achievements by the hotel:
    Free WIFI, free use of the minibar (which was filled only with soft drinks, small snacks like nuts, muesli bolts or Mars or Snickers and different water kinds), from the booked Superiorzimmer a Upgrade in the next room category Executive on the 6-th floor (equivalent, at least, approx. 35,-- pounds)!
    In addition, a "late checkup" was already offered ACTIVE to me with the "Check In" by the extremely friendly employees - they suggested Check-out for 16.00 o'clock "so i could have some sightseeing without care of time". Very conspicuously that i was also already welcomed in the entrance of the hotel with my name what was demanded the staff pointed me here obviously in view has which travellers are still to be expected..
    Because I was in company of a friend and both rooms were booked on me, my fellow-passenger also received all advantages like me as a platinum!.

Here, all in all, I felt very well and was inspired especially by the friendly kind of the employees! One is evident at this hotel really the guest troubles feels fine and with pleasure once more there descends...
    Hotel Indigo ' Tower of Hill '

The hotel lies traffic-technically for a good price very near the Subway Station "Tower Hill" and is from Airport Heatrow with the tube after once Change within approx. 60 minutes to reach. After only approx. 5 minutes on foot from the station Tower Hill along the Minories Road you stand already before the entrance.
    As a result of the position it comes up to the following places of interest from there to explore: Tower bridge, The Tower of London, Belfast HMS, the Monument, the Bank of England, Mansion House, the 'Gerkin' office tower as well as also Shakespeare Globe theater and the Millenium bridge.
    I recommend to walk here the Tower bridge along over the Thames and then to walk over the Millenium bridge on other side of the River Thames back to the Tower. So you can see in a walk of approx. 2 hour the most places of interest of this part of town "East" and "City"!

The hotel was opened in summer 2010 and does justice to his call as a boutique hotel absolutely. Each of a total of 46 rooms is furnished in another style and other colors.
    The equipment is high-quality as expected and all conceivable required fitments like air-conditioning, water cooker with a choice of different tea kinds, ironing board and iron, bathrobe and slippers, Dockingstation for IPOD/IPhone, big TV LCD as well as a Nespresso Essenza with some different capsules of espresso! Also various Amenities in the bath of the company "Averda" existing in sufficient amount.

As a Platinum (Ambassador) I got the following special achievements by the hotel:
    Free WIFI, free use of the minibar (which was filled only with soft drinks, small snacks like nuts, muesli bolts or Mars or Snickers and different water kinds), from the booked Superiorzimmer a Upgrade in the next room category Executive on the 6-th floor (equivalent, at least, approx. 35,-- pounds)!
    In addition, a "late checkup" was already offered ACTIVE to me with the "Check In" by the extremely friendly employees - they suggested Check-out for 16.00 o'clock "so i could have some sightseeing without care of time". Very conspicuously that i was also already welcomed in the entrance of the hotel with my name what was demanded the staff pointed me here obviously in view has which travellers are still to be expected..
    Because I was in company of a friend and both rooms were booked on me, my fellow-passenger also received all advantages like me as a platinum!.

Here, all in all, I felt very well and was inspired especially by the friendly kind of the employees! One is evident at this hotel really the guest troubles feels fine and with pleasure once more there descends...

The 6. Floor
    Image00008.jpg

The Room
    Image00001.jpg

Room with TV
    Image00002.jpg

The Bathroom
    Image00003.jpg

Image00005.jpg

uggboy, rwoman and sdcarver like this.
  3. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hotel Indigo "Paddington"

The Hotel Indigo "London Paddington" is only around 800 meters away from the railway station Paddington in a quieter side street. The Railway Station "Paddington" offers beside the rail connection also the binding to the tube which with the Circle Line covering all relevant sightseeing stops for the tourists as for example Westminster or also Notting Hill. Also the direct and very fast connection to Heatrow Airport is supported with the Heatrow Express Train (HEX) and a running time around 20 minutes here is optimal and very relaxed.

The Indigo "Paddington" opens in 2009 encloses a total of 64 rooms and is accommodated in a row by nine old georgian Townhouses in London Street. Only a few meters away from the hotel are several restaurants (e.g., in Indian, in Italian, in Greek or Lebanese), a typical English pub as well as 24 hours open " Wine and Food " (small supermarket) were you can get drinks or food also without walking a long way... For "Hardliners" if necessary of course also a "Fish and Chip" shop is around.
    Once more the different decoration style and the individual equipment of every room is moved again on site extremely successfully.
    Also here a high-quality equipment exists and does not correspond - even if completely so extensively - to the state kind of the Indigo "Towerhill"!
    The room was a little smaller than in the Towerhill what, of course also belongs on the integration of the guest-rooms in a more than 200 year-old house! In addition London is rather "famous" for its small Hotelrooms - in general the rooms everywere there are partially very tiny.

My preserved achievements were here also free WIFI, an Upgrade of the booked room on a Superiorzimmer on the second floor (in the equivalent of around 28,-- Pounds), 2 bottles of free mineral water as well as a voucher with more than 25% discount on achievements of the Brasserie belonging to the Hotel Indigo. With this discount Voucher I could have got, for example, the "big" breakfast with warm food for 9.95 English pounds what is to be considered about the expensive London relations probably devinitiv as favorable!
    Likewise the possibility for the baggage insinuation (to 20.00) was offered to me here by the hotel of itself from a Late Check-out (14.00) or alternatively at the hotel what I did not take up, however, because my "early" return flight time against 13.00.

When on my room I found also a handwritten welcome card of the hotel manager in which to me still " on top " a free access to the interactive TV system was granted. This enclosed beside the access to various "Pay Movies" (Knight and Day, Shrek and Wall Street 2) and the music program usually liable to pay costs also this surf by TV with infrared keyboard. The use of the " TV of services " is ordinarily calculated with a fee of other 14.95 pounds per 24 hours. Up to the "TV Packet" my company accommodated in the second room received the same "goodies" like me once more!

Also here the employees were again very good with trying to make us the stay so pleasantly as possible to do and to define the concept "Customer service" new...

At all the Indigo Paddington was booked from me for 2-4-1 rate what reduced the overnight stay price on more than favorable 74.00 pounds per night!

The Room
    Image00118.jpg

Room with TV
    Image00120.jpg

Bathroom
    Image00246.jpg

uggboy likes this.
  4. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Summary: At all i would say both Indigo Hotels are ok if you want to spend some nice days in London for Sightseeing or Shopping!

The Tower Hill is very near of some of the impression Places for Sightseeing like Tower Hill or Tower of London while the Paddington is easy to reach from Heathrow Airport and have also a good connection at Railwaystation Paddington Station for the Tube of the Circle Line to reach for Big Ben, House of Parliament or London Eye...

Both are bookable with the famous "2-4-1 Rate" and both brings you stays and points also on this rate! :)
    At all it seems that the Availability for the 2-4-1 at the Paddington is much better than at the Tower Hill..

Greetings Mark

uggboy, DebraI and sdcarver like this.
  5. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Mark! I think I will stay with the Indigo Tower Hill.

sdcarver

uggboy likes this.
  6. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the write up. We're staying at the Tower Hill for a few nights in July... glad to hear it's a good option! :)

uggboy and sdcarver like this.
  7. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Debral,
    Would love to hear a report from you when you get back in anticipation of my stay in September. :)

sdcarver

uggboy likes this.
  8. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely! I'll just have to remember to take photos of my room (always forget that part!)

TheBeerHunter and uggboy like this.
  9. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at the Tower Hill Hotel Indog in July, although I forgot to file a report. It is well located, with easy access to Adlgate tube stations, as well as Tower Hill. It is quiet at night around the neighborhood, but it is only a short walk to the Brick Lane area for really good curry (and the fun Jack the Ripper tours). There is also a good little pub down the street (the Minories), which is on the way to the Tower Hill tube station. We were upgraded to a lovely (HUGE) corner room as a PC Plat. The free internet, snacks and bottled water were also a nice touch. The only downside to this place was the one elevator. I would definitely stay there again. If this is indicative of the Hotel Indigo hotels, I'll be booking them whenever possible. In fact, I'll be trying Paddington in November.

TheBeerHunter and uggboy like this.
  10. bartla

bartla Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.