London HI, CP, or IC

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by travelpye, May 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    A friend and I will visit London for first time late June. We will visit several museums, theater, and historical attractions. I booked us into HI Mayfair last fall for 3 reasons: location and it's proximity to tube for transport and sites, availability of rooms with two beds, and number of points I then had available.

I now have enough points to move us to an IC or a CP if we wish, but only the IC Westminster and CP Kensington and City seem to have many rooms with twins. All carry a note on award bookings that bed types are allocated at checkin. I don't want us relegated to a double.

Some reviews of Mayfair are just that rooms are outdated; some describe them as dire, dirty, and in disrepair, etc. Outdated is fine; dirty and dilipidated would be a problem. I know rooms are being renovated there, and I will email hotel and request renovated room. My reservation does show modified in system. I am not sure why.

I am a PC PLAT.

Any recent experience at HI Mayfair? How is it?

Any recommendations for a new choice among the other properties in London offering good location, twin rooms?

Thank you!

tondoleo and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    tondoleo and travelpye like this.
  3. The only CP nearby is the one in Kengsington. The HI oxford Circus is on the other side of mayfair just past Oxford Street in Marleborne.

Either IC is fine and they do have two beds in several rooms at the IC London

4. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    My thanks to you both, guinnessxyz and uggboy, for your advice. I will be moving us to one of the two ICs. It is a tough choice. However, your trip report, uggboy, makes a strong case for the Westminster :)

tondoleo likes this.