Bug Report login issues?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by viguera, Jan 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I started using a new Chromebook today and noticed that it logged me off, as it often happens, because I had not selected the "keep me logged in" (or whatever it's called) checkbox in the home page.

This happened once and I couldn't log back in, I was actually redirected to the sign-up page after entering my username / password. I guess the page thought I was trying to create a new account because it kept saying that usernames need to be unique.

I got around this by opening one of the threads then clicking on the "Watched Threads" link, which took me to the login page with no issues.

Not sure what that was all about, but it was funky there for a while. I can try to recreate if it would help.

Mrs. Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to test it out later today with my Chromebook and see if I can't replicate the issue.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happened again, but I don't seem to have the issue on other boxes running Chrome 32.0. The Chromium box is on a custom 34.0 build, so that's probably it.

Then again, I hesitate to log out of the other boxes to confirm, because I need my fix. :)

4. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    I tried it out yesterday on mine and couldn't replicate. I passed along this thread to our programmer, so maybe he'll have an idea.

5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    XP sp 3, Firefox 34.0.5, it's always worked fine, suddenly I get logged out every time I close the tab with MP. I do have the checkbox checked to keep me logged in.

blackjack-21 and Mrs. Gargoyle like this.
  6. Mrs. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Mrs. Gargoyle Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gargoyle asked me to test this, and on a windows 7 computer with firefox I do stay logged on. He says he gets kicked off every time he closes firefox.

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. Mrs. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Mrs. Gargoyle Gold Member

Status Points:
    I take that back. I stayed logged in for a while, and suddenly had to log back in every time I changed a page here or tried to like someone.

blackjack-21 and Gargoyle like this.
  8. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    @Mark, It's getting worse. I can not log in at all with IE 8 or Chrome 40.
    Opera 12.17 also can't log in and it is complaining about the security cert on milepoint, it says the server is rtb.gumgum.com (that appears to be an ad server)

Mrs. Gargoyle and blackjack-21 like this.
  9. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am running Chrome on OS X but it also occurs on Safari

Gargoyle likes this.
  10. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using the app on the iphone I now longer see which threads I used. I also need to logon again (usually did not need to do that).

11. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    jackplum posted in another thread to use https. That is working for me on all four browsers, but pages load slower.

12. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wrote this in the other thread as well

I think there are some certificate issues as well as maybe a dns issue

Gargoyle and blackjack-21 like this.
  13. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The identity of this website has been verified by Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority but does not have public audit records.

The site is using outdated security settings that may prevent future versions of Chrome from being able to safely access it."

Gargoyle and blackjack-21 like this.
  14. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am also getting parse errors as well on the iphone app.

Gargoyle likes this.
  15. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since yesterday I get the security warning "Only Secure Content is Being Shown" when clicking on a thread, adding to a thread, or any click by me anywhere. I had been using the "http: ", but now it automatically reverts to the "https" each click, which is not great as I now have to go to the bottom of the page to click on the "Show All" to see the page in it's entirety. Added the "https" to my trusted list of websites but no change as the "Only Secure....." still appears each time.

Suggestions?

Gargoyle likes this.
  16. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah it's definitely an issue with the security. I'm unable to log in unless I select to load the "unsafe scripts"

17. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While I understand that many on here like the "https" security, still it's really getting to be a pain having to re-click on each page bottom to allow the scripts, which then flips the page over again to the same place without the warning.

Something about "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" starting to come to mind for me. I even tried using the "In Private" option on my browser now, but no different results.

Mrs. Gargoyle and viguera like this.
  18. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Decided to just ignore the popup/popunder that comes up each time I click on anything on MP, or post anything, or sign in or out. After about 14.629 seconds without clicking on the box that appears at the bottom of each page it just disappears entirely, leaving the page then unemcumbered to read in its entirely and without any further clicking required. Obviously not the solution for most other people's more serious problems but at least for me it saves a need to further click on a page or post to then have it flip over, before reading it.

Hopefully, with all the comments about the recent changes being a nuisance for many on here, a fix can be found that resolves all the new problems in a reasonable length of time.

Gargoyle likes this.
  19. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    There are constantly changes being made - don't mistake anything as being permanent right now. There were some changes made at around 10:30pm MST to fix some of the login issues and we'll be working at some more things today as well.

As for the app... try not to use the app right now. We have a whole lot less control over that after the developer decided to stop responding or fixing everything. An entire new app is in the works.

Gargoyle likes this.
  20. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You also need to release a new Android app; and in the meantime, get the existing Android app pulled off the play store. It has serious security problems and needs to disappear.

21. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Gargoyle likes this.
  22. spesalvi

spesalvi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't able to log-in yesterday for some reason, then got locked out but today no probs

Mark likes this.
  23. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's back working if I just type milepoint.com in the address bar; however when I do that it loads the page as https, not http. Was that always the case?

Mrs. Gargoyle, blackjack-21 and MX like this.
  24. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    As of midnight MST or so. Our programmer got it to force https.

Gargoyle and MX like this.
  25. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, it used to be just the http. I tried the same and it still added the "s" which seems to be causing the problem for me with the popunder on each click.

Gargoyle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.