Loews Hotels to buy the Mandarin Oriental San Francisco

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Feb 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Loews Hotels to buy the Mandarin Oriental San Francisco

Kalboz, NYBanker and Newscience like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. It doesn't say the property will be re-flagged, but I imagine it will be.

I enjoyed my stays here over the years.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad you've enjoyed your stays at this MO property, I imagine that the property will be indeed re-flagged as this had been always the case when Loews bought a hotel. I wonder how they will invest into this particular hotel in the future. Cheers.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. @uggboy its a a major property in a major city why would they want to leave. and didn't it just have a refurb

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The owner has / wants to sell this property to Loews and I guess that Loews wants to brand this property under their own Loews flag, that's something they've done recently often when they bought a hotel outright.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too bad as when I tried to use the Loew's frequent guest program, they refused not only to give points but also to give even very minor benefits on anything less than full rates, although I don't recall whether this meant rack or best available changeable. No thanks.

7. http://www.mandarinoriental.com/sanfrancisco/
    Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group will withdraw from management of Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco with effect from close of business on April 14, 2015. The Group is proud to have established the hotel as one of the best in the city since it began managing the property in 1987.

From April 15, 2015 the hotel will be part of the Loews Hotels & Resorts portfolio under the ownership of Loews Hotels & Resorts. We wish the new owners continued success with this award-winning property.

uggboy likes this.