Local Area Topics

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Art234, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I just made a thread in the local area - as I saw nothing for NY are airports. Here is the location :
    EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF - NYC Area Airports .. can it be moved up to the top heading with the other cities/metropolitan areas? I couldn't see how to do that.

Thanks

iolaire likes this.
  2. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those other local areas sections you are seeing at the top are essentially just a beta list of sub forums for different cities/regions. During the beta, threads like yours will be reviewed and we'll determine what other sub forums need to be added based on that.

So, you have contributed exactly as we would have hoped. There isn't any way for you to create a sub forum, but by demonstrating a need by posting about another city, you are certainly influencing the creation of a new sub forum.

3. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks Mikel - I am just getting started!

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    yes we can. we sort of just put a few examples there to gauge interest in the idea. If the idea makes sense and members can see the reason and advantages other than clogging up the main community forum, we plan on an expansion. I'll make the move you suggest and look forward to hearing more input on how the idea works. thanks, this is exactly the sort of feedback we need as we have ideas, but it is always the members that make them work or not.

5. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy....and thanks for the opportunity to help.