LivingSocial and HHonors points

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by GenevaFlyer, Mar 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Need some guidance as I've just seen an interesting deal for a Hilton in Miami on LivingSocial.

Would anyone know if you earn HHonors points on a stay bought though LivingSocial?

Thanks in advance for the information,

GenevaFlyer

2. YOURGLOCKMAN

YOURGLOCKMAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    My immediate thought is....no you would not. I think their terms state any stays booked through online auctions, Priceline, Hotels.com, etc. do not qualify.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope. If you make your reservation through a third party (Groupon, LivingSocial, Expedia, whoever) rather than the chain itself, you get no points and it doesn't count as a stay.

What you DO get is points for incidentals, assuming you give them your HHonors info at the desk or add it to your reservation.

To some people it's not worth it, unless the savings are that dramatic that they offset earning a stay or points. But you can always have dinner or order room service and charge it to the room so you don't leave empty handed. :)

Mapsmith likes this.
  4. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    This does not mean you can not use a travel agent however. You just need to specify you want them to book directly with the chain to earn points/stay credit.