Living in Europe now

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by bhealed, May 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bhealed

bhealed New Member

Status Points:
    Used to live in California and found that Star Alliance worked the best for my needs but now I live in the UK and do a lot more EU travel. it seems that it is very difficult to get Star Alliance flights at any kind of competitive cost. Has anyone else noticed this? Is their another alliance that seems to work best here?

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP, bhealed!

With BMI being bought by BA, it may be tough with *A. What are your common destinations and which UK airport(s) do you plan to use?

:)

3. bhealed

bhealed New Member

Status Points:
    I will mostly leave from LHR though I am open to leaving from any of the LON airports (LGW and STN are the furthest away from me) as well as I don't mind leaving from Birmingham.

I travel a lot to HAM and AMS and I will be adding on Switzerland and Finland to my EU destinations. Iwillcontinue to make US trips (all regions) and soon to add on South Adrica and Australia. But those will be less often

4. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    You may want to try SK or LH. SK is more than sufficient for your EU travels but you might want to look at LH for other regions.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the decision is more complicated. How many miles annually? Coach or businesss or FC? What's important to you in an airline and a FF program? What are your employer's travel rules, assuming that a big chunk of this will be business travel?

Switching to BA would be one obvious choice from LON but their USA partner AA has fewer flights than you would have on other alliances. Will you fly so much and at such high fare classes that you can maintain status in more than one alliance?