Liverpool; UK Marriott Hotel City Centre

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by CrankyScott, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Location - Location - Location!

I was in Liverpool for business and didn't have a chance to see any of the sites :(

The hotel is centrally located only a 5 minute walk from the train station and tube. As you walk out of the train station you can easily see the hotel and the Marriott sign.

Nearby is a plethora of restaurants, shopping and at least two supermarkets. My favorite was the Marks & Spencers which is less than 3 minutes away. Museums and theaters ate also just steps away.

My room was upgraded to a King and was very spacious and comfortable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The property is too small for an Executive Room, but does provide free buffet breakfast in the restaurant on the first floor. It was a great spread each day!

Internet was very fast and again free for Platinum members.

Downsides
    • No room air conditioning. This is typical for many European hotels as the weather is typically cool.
    • The window that opens is a fold in and doesn't not fully open (I guess to prevent jumpers) I was on the streetwise so with the window open you are subject to the street noise and the multiple bus stations below.
    • The room included an iPod doc with speakers that had nice sound. The downside is it would not charge my iPod Touch or Nano :-(

On check in, pay close attention to the registration form as that is where you choose to be billed in GBP or your home currency with Dynamic Currency Conversion (by default you are opted into your home currency). To avoid the Dynamic Currency Conversion, you must check the box to opt out. At check-out its to late as they will point to the registration form.

[​IMG]

The staff are great, always ready to assist with any needs.

Despite the lack of air conditioning, I highly recommend this property. :)

If traveling from London, I recommend the First Class Virgin Trains. If coming going by Manchester, the train is very easy (about 1.25 hours). Some trains have first class, most do not. Both trains let you off at the main Liverpool station an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel.

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent review, thanks for the insights and hints // tips!:)