Liverpool Information?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by garyst16, Aug 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be in Liverpool, (well Manchester), but plan on taking the short hike over to sight see at the birthplace of the Beatles (for those of you not old enough, they are the band that Paul McCartney was in before Wings :)). Any tips or info from others that have visited or have knowledge of the area would be greatly appreciated!

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I loved Liverpool! I went last Christmastime.

I went to the Beatles Museum, did the Magical Mystery Tour, saw a concert. (Sir Paul)

The Hampton Inn City Centre is where I stayed, though the Hilton has a much improved location (even though it's only about 3 blocks away). I really loved all the stuff at Liverpool One. Mostly I ate at Albert Dock. I wanted to go on the Yellow Duckmarine but just wasn't feeling up to it (my mother-in-law died while I was there, so that put a crimp in my plans).

[​IMG]
    P1120669 by Deirdre Saoirse Moen, on Flickr

garyst16 likes this.
  3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should have added I only have about half a day so will be a bit rushed... would love to see everything you did, desamo, but won't have the time :( Thanks for the info!

4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Four days wasn't enough, imho, but you do what you can.