List of newest topics?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by resipsa99, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. resipsa99
    Original Member

resipsa99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apologies if this is already somewhere, but I was looking for a list of newest topics. On other SN type sites you can browse a list of the most recently created topics, but I can't find that here. The best I was able to find was to click on an individual forum and see if there are unread messages, but that isn't super helpful because (1) many of the unread messages are responses to previous threads which would likely be watched if they were of interest, and (2) I had to individually check each forum.

In conjunction with this, it would be nice if you could tweak the ordering of the new topics listing, e.g. by recent, likes, number of replies, etc.

2. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Under the "Forums" top-level menu above, you'll find a link called "What's New?" - that'll bring you to the list of newest threads (and you can also see the newest messages too).

resipsa99 likes this.
  3. resipsa99
    Original Member

resipsa99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Jonman. But it still only shows threads with new responses, not new threads? Again, apologies if I'm missing it!!

4. resipsa99
    Original Member

resipsa99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also it would be great if you could do a "What's new?" while you're viewing a forum to get all of the new topics for that particular forum. E.g. I just tried to do this for the Beta Feedback forum, but clicking "What's new?" brought up new posts in any forum, not new topics and not specific to that forum. Just a suggestion of course!!

Wanaflyforless and Mikel like this.
  5. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, sorry - I missed that - yeah, it looks like right now you can't get a list of new topics in the same fashion that you can get a list of new threads, unless I'm missing something myself. :p

I asked in another thread for a way to list all the 'most liked' posts - and Randy replied saying that that particular feature has already been implemented, but not rolled out yet. He added that what you see now is only about 30% of what they have planned for us - so I definitely think you'll see the ability to list all the newest topics at some point in the future...

6. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps not precisely what you are seeking, but within any forum you can sort by 'Start Date' to display the threads in descending or ascending order.

kiwi, jonman21 and resipsa99 like this.
  7. resipsa99
    Original Member

resipsa99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! On my second point, I did figure out how to get the most-newly-created thread in a specific forum...you can just click on start date. So that's partly answered.

I figured that Randy and the other folks would be using the beta period to assess all feedback and deciding which, if any suggestions, made sense to incorporate...and I also know that timing will vary based on assessment of merit and importance! They seem pretty responsive so far, and I like the site...

Perhaps I should get back to work...hmmm... :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Mikel - thanks, our posts crossed!

8. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh cool, thanks Mikel! Didn't think to click to sort by the words on the green bar - but now I know. :)