Line Cutting: Is It Getting Worse?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    As the line of dozens of passengers snakes its way around the stanchions whose bands delineate the direction in which the herd of people should go at an international airport recently, a man and a woman take advantage of an opening and simply blend themselves in without any resistance or complaint from the people of whom they cut in front. While braving frigid temperatures in a covered deck near Union Station in Washington, D.C. awaiting the arrival of a bus, a person in his early 20s approaches the line and simply stands near the front of the line. “We have been waiting here for quite some time,” one person in line said. “I ain’t gonna cut in front of you,” he grudgingly assured him. Why he simply did not go to the back of the line and await his turn, I do not know. I can speculate; but that would be a fruitless exercise. These are two of a number of recent examples of what appears to me to be an increase in the brazen activity of line cutting by impatient people; and... The post Line Cutting: Is It Getting Worse? appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...