Limited to 20 posts per page?

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by DenverBrian, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Randy and gang - apologies if I should post elsewhere but I don't see a FT equivalent forum for tech suggestions.

The new MB is absolutely gorgeous and pretty intuitive to navigate. However, I see that pages appear limited to 20 posts per page. That, so far, is the single element I can find where FT beats MB.

Is there a way we can display 40 or more posts per page? That would make MB not only gorgeous and intuitive, but efficient.

jbcarioca and Points like this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for the kind comments. We will have a feedback/suggestions forum once live. I've seen many other comments about increasing this-- it is on our punch list. You can probably guess that 20 is the natural default of our new technology, not a number we purposely chose. Look for some report from me on this in the next few days. And before I leave this question ... welcome.

jbcarioca and DenverBrian like this.
  3. Points
    Original Member

Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Randy.

As the OP mentioned, 40 would be preferable.

JDiver and DYKWIA like this.
  4. DYKWIA
    Original Member

DYKWIA Silver Member

Status Points:
    agreed!

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Are you sure you aren't missing anything? 1, 2, 3, 4, ...... 17, 18, 19 ...... 23, 24, 25, 26 ...... 35, 36, 37, .....
    Like me if you think I'm listening!

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    While 40 is better than 20, I'd like to propose 50 posts per page because this would make the arithmetic of converting between page number and post number somewhat easier.

JDiver and alpinesoccer like this.
  7. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy, Mikel, Tim, et al - Thank you for listening and giving us 40 so quickly.

8. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    But... but... 50 is 25% better! :D

And, indeed, it is great to see Randy, Mikel, Tim, et Al... here and making this come to fruition.

9. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    all good and we have this topic on our watch list. as you might imagine, this option is not limited to our wish list, but rather the function of the underlying software itself. we have seen this requested by others to the developer and once it is available, or more appropriately, we hope it becomes available, we'll certainly institute for our members. This is a very, very young software platform and i'm sure we'll all enjoy growing up along with it.

miles and smiles likes this.
  10. Skyvillager
    Original Member

Skyvillager Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was here on day 1 when we were at 20 posts per page - did not like it at all.

I was here when we went to 40 posts per page - enjoyed that for a short while.

Went on vacation for a week and am now shocked to find out that we are down to 25 posts per page?!
    How come? May we have the 40 back, please?

P.S.
    50, 100 or 200 posts per page would be even better!

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome back! Yes, there were lots of questions on the beta feedback forum right after it switched back. We learned - as Randy mentions above also - that, unfortunately, it is not yet possible to set this as as a user option (but they have asked the developer to add the functionality). So, for now, they are having to balance the number of pages with the various user preferences.

ETA: See this post from Tim

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    50 per page would be a big help.

jbcarioca likes this.