Lily Allen angered after 'Ryanair charges to print her boarding pass'

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by sobore, Jun 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/8652...er-ryanair-charges-to-print-her-boarding-pass

Lily Allen took to micro-blogging website Twitter to express her anger, and thousands of users have replied to her tweet.

She tweeted: 'Ryan Air have just charged me 40 quid to print out my boarding pass. Unbelievable.'

Then she wrote: 'Oh, and now they've taken it off of me. 40 pounds for a piece of paper that was mine for approx. 7 mins, wow....'

On its website, Ryanair states: 'Passengers who have lost/forgotten their printed online boarding passes will be required to pay a Boarding Card Re-Issue Fee in order to receive a new boarding pass at the airport. This facility is available up to 40 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure.'

'Ryan Air' has been trending on Twitter since Allen posted her tweet, as users have been debating the incident.
    Lord Alan Sugar was one of many who tweeted back to Allen, telling her to consult his adviser on The Apprentice, Nick Hewer. He wrote: '@Nick_Hewer is the Ryan Air expert consult him for refunds.'

User @rebekahhallen defended the airline's action, tweeting: 'If she read the e-mails she would've know to print it off herself.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/865283-lily-allen-angered-after-ryanair-charges-to-print-her-boarding-pass#ixzz1OQvJqnpq

milchap and Bob Smolinsky like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    You get what you pay for....:confused: I am not a fan of Ryanair and make an active choice NOT to use them. Off the European LCC's, I do like Germanwings though and have had decent experiences with EasyJet.

sobore likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know how people still get outraged at their antics. They make Spirit look like BA First Class. :)

rwoman and sobore like this.
  4. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lily Allen flys RyanAir? Odd.

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    LOL I'm sure she can afford to fly some other airline than RyanAir....