Lifetime status with ICHG

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by londoncalling, Dec 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there such a thing and if so what are the requirements?

daninstl and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't heard of this, would love to know more, but for now I doubt that they offer such lifetime status, maybe in the future. Hilton is talking about it. So we will see how it goes. Marriott has it, SPG does offer lifetime status. Lets hope that IHG does too in the future. Cheers.

daninstl likes this.
  3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think you'll see ICHG lifetime status anytime soon unless there is some super secret list we don't know about. I think the closest I'll get is Platinum for life as long as I keep their credit card :)

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would be nice when they could bring in real benefits instead incl. free breakfast for PLTs. That's missing here. :oops:

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    There would be no reason for me to have IHG plat status if I didn't get it for free via the Visa card.

6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey at least you get free internet now at IHG's if you have status. Oh and color TV, air conditioning and direct dial phones :)

7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you don't need status with IHG, simply sign up, be a member and receive free Internet. No status required, it's free for all members. :)

8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great....Next you'll tell me that they all get the color TV, A/C and DD phones also just for being a member? :)

9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds about right, but IMHO it would be better at least from the perspective from the guest when hotels / chains wouldn't offer such CCs in the first place, then they could invest their time and money in treating "real" guests well who earned status the "old-fashioned" way by staying with them / staying loyal at that. I guess, giving away status does mean that benefits in hotels can't be financed, because it's nearly given away for free, no "big" spend / overnight spend needed. Sad, hospitality wasn't meant to be about CCs IMHO.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    vickers, daninstl and londoncalling like this.
  10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ha. Ha. :):D:oops::);)

vickers, daninstl and londoncalling like this.
  11. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    In our experienc so far the "free" internet works rather well, mostly. We've had good experiences with this perk. We shouldn't forget that IHG was one the first who offered free internet to their members, now Marriott, SPG and Hyatt offer it too. I hope Hilton joins the party too. :)

daninstl and londoncalling like this.
  12. londoncalling

Status Points:
    SPG is 500 stays over ten years. I would be lifetime easily in ICHG if it was offered at that requirement

daninstl and uggboy like this.
  13. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I laugh at free internet because I stay in a lot of lower tier motel type properties for business and they have had free internet for years for all guests. It seems as you climb the ladder at hotels the more they nickel and dime on stuff like this. You can almost measure it by the price of soda in the vending machines or how much breakfast cost. Sure a breakfast at Drury Inn in Springfield Missouri with free "make them yourself waffles" and free evening bud light with coupon tickets isn't the Ritz (literally) the Ritz would charge you an arm and a leg for the same feature but....you should get better service and scenery you'd think. Just think of all those folks at the Ritz or other higher end hotels that have never seen a pancake making machine like they have at HIX these days :)

uggboy and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    They may have seen them in Alaska's Board Rooms :)

http://blog.alaskaair.com/2014/07/21/pancake-machine/

(personally, I have had the pancakes a few times at a HIX and they weren't that great... but then I am not a big fan of pancakes on a good day)

daninstl likes this.
  15. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    No lifetime status for IHG.

DJP_707 likes this.
  16. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think all those are extra's at Tune Hotels ... just sayin

17. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    for most parts of Asia, there is no IHG credit card, so we do have to chalk up the status the old fashioned way..:(

18. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Thanks. it is what I assumed but could not find anything either way. Too bad;they are potentially missing out on more loyalty from their best customers

19. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    SPG has a solid offering. :)

They're not the chain they were, IMO, a few years ago. But, still much better offerings that IHG.

20. londoncalling

Status Points:
    With the referral cert gone for RA's which I used judiciously and the inconvenience of knowing what it actually takes to be RA I tend to agree. I had been giving the referral cert to a friend who used it to stay about 20 times a year in ICHG properties and was starting to wean himself off Hilton. He won't do that now and will continue as a Hilton diamond member. Of course there were those who sold the referral certs and ruined it for everyone but I think ICHG could have put better controls on those certs and stopped the "black" market for them

DJP_707 likes this.
  21. V J

V J Active Member

Status Points:
    I called them as I have been elite with them for over 10 years and they said they don't do lifetime status offers

DJP_707 likes this.
  22. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too. I've been platinum for over 15 years and average around 75 nights a year.

londoncalling likes this.
  23. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    wow, that's 60 nights a year more than me..:rolleyes:

londoncalling likes this.