Lifetime flight miles have posted

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Courcoison, Dec 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:

Just took a look at my mileage plus account and noticed that my Lifetime flight miles are now posted with the Continental/Copa part of them.
    I originally had 99009 lifetime miles on my Continental account and it looks like this is what was added to my United Airlines total.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! That's much faster than expected, as UA Insider had only a few days ago posted on FT that they'd not post it until some time early next year (not on or right after 12/31).

In any case, my balance jumped about 220k miles. But I am about 30k short of my predicted bump. Hmm.

alohastephen likes this.
  3. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, just saw mine too. Had a jump of about 325k on top of about 1.05M when I checked yesterday. I had no idea what to expect so this was about as good as anything. If I had to guess I'd say that 75k was fare bonus, 75k was from various end of year EQM bonus programs and must have been 175k of LH/US/AC/CO flights.

alohastephen likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    People on FT seem to think that the CO balance isn't included yet. If that was true, that would take care of my 30k "deficit" (and actually get me a little bit beyond my prediction). Of course, the OP here seems to disprove that theory...

alohastephen and SFOtoORD like this.
  5. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will say that my OP and MP lifetime balances are still separate although my OP acct has a pretty meager balance that isn't going to move the needle much.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Another thing I wonder: do LH-metal miles pre-founding of Star Alliance (May 1997) count? I'd have about 27k of those that I included in my prediction.

7. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I gained about 100,000 miles (1MM to 1.1MM), which I gather are from a combination of British Midland, Ansett Australia, Air Canada, Lufthansa, SwissAir, and maybe even Delta when they were a partner back in the 90s. Was actually surprised to get that much of a bump.

8. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    I can only say the added miles on my Mileage Plus account are equal to my Continental Airlines Lifetime miles balance.
    Those "historical" miles are still showing on my Continental account.
    Now I have not looked at my history in both programs to try to figure out what my balance would/could be, so at this time I cannot say much more.

9. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My lifetime total changed, but by somewhat less than I had expected based on the tool United had released. It seems to me that the increase is approximately the total of my CO lifetime. I wonder if they are adding the UA/CO numbers together for purposes of calculating 2012 status.

Also my recent CO activity has disappeared from CO OP account page, but that seems to be a glitch that I have seen before.

10. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can say for sure that it cannot be BOTH the "recalculation" of UA lifetime plus CO lifetime as my number would be hundreds of thousands short.

I don't know if I wrote down my UA lifetime prior to this recalc, but the new number looks suspiciously close to the total of my previous UA lifetime plus current CO lifetime total.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My OnePass account still shows my original OnePass MM balance, ie they are not equal.

Did you have zero UA miles before? If not, it sounds like in your case the two accounts were merged and both accounts have the combined balance now.

Maybe it's a "work in progress" and different people see their balance in the middle of the update process?

What tool?

In my case, the new UA balance is definitely not the old UA + old CO balance. The increase is five times what I had/have with CO.

It still shows for me, and unchanged from yesterday.

12. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had over 1,344,308 United Airlines Lifetime flight miles as of this morning.
    I am now showing 1,4433.17 Lifetime flight miles which is a difference of 99,009.00 miles and is equal to my Continental Lifetime flight miles.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The little hover-over bubble next to "Lifetime flight miles" on united.com defines the number as:

"Total EQM earned in MileagePlus through Dec 31, 2011 plus flight miles you have earned flying on United, Continental and Copa since Jan 1, 2012"

TrippePanAM likes this.
  14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So that's pretty easy math in your case and confirms that at least for you the CO miles have been incorporated.

But did you not have any non-UA EQMs that needed to be added to your original UA lifetime number (DEQM, Chase EQM, random other promos, *A partners, ...)?

15. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yeah, I had a bump more than expected about 375K total. I know I had a lot of FF LH and SAS and some UA C,D, as well a bunch of C,D,Z during the 90's, and a LOT of DEQM and credit card pops from the last decade. Didn't expect this much, but I'll take it and the 1.35M

16. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very honestly I do not know.

17. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was expecting (based on my spreadsheet) between 180,000-185,000 but rec'd 202,160* which bumped me from 736,439 to 938,599

*I have my data-purge as of this past June but haven't looked at it in great detail as I was waiting for the miles to post first but based on the extra 20k that I wasn't expecting, I don't think I will ;)

18. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't see any changes, still have 60K UA Lifetime and 340K CO Lifetime separately...

19. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    mine jumped.....

TrippePanAM and hulagrrl210 like this.
  20. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't flown CO in over a dozen years, so no linked account or miles to merge.

But my lifetime miles took a big jump today, as I have flown a lot of Star Alliance flights in the past 15 years.

For reference, my MP number starts with 008.

21. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    How does the numbering scheme work? Mine starts with 03, and my wife's with 009, but mine is three years older.

22. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got bumped by 240K. I think that is within the ballpark, albeit on the shorter end of the range as I thought it may be as high as 280K. I flew a lot of Air Canada, LH and SK flights so glad they all get counted. Looks like it will take 4-5 yrs before I hit 1MM at this pace (much faster if AC ever merged with UA!:p)

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  23. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm up almost 100k, about 7,000 ahead of what I had calculated.

genemk2 and canucklehead like this.
  24. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Earned over 100k, based on previous total of 400k. Now I'm half-way to being a MM! I had zero CO lifetime miles (only signed up this year), so this must have all been due to the recalculation.

hulagrrl210 and canucklehead like this.
  25. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    My theory for the discrepancy is that they have somehow added the award flight miles too.. atleast that would explain my numbers