Lifetime elite qual question

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Photonerd71, Sep 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, I see and understand the qual requirements for lifetime elite levels. My question is this do we have to have our profile set to earn Marriott points or can we set it to earn airline miles?

Not that I am close to lifetime status, but we all have to start someplace. (I have a whopping 2 nights at marriott properties as of today :)

Sent using a small piece of fruit.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not 100 percent positive but it mentions lifetime marriot points.. Not miles. Doing a quick search of the web I do no seer anything that suggestions you get point if you take miles instead.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks...I guess I could get off my lazy arse and call or email them directly. I only have 1000 marriott points because I gave then a bad review of the hotel shuttle at EWR and they gave me an extra 1000 points as a good faith gesture. (Waited in the cold almost 45 min for then to show up..the air crew I was standing with called them 3 times asking where they were, thru were not happy.....I was just cold it was in Feb). My points from my 2 nights have been credited to my AA account, maybe I'll start collecting points here instead.

Sent using a small piece of fruit.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    All programs require you to earn their points for lifetime status.

vickers likes this.