Lifespan of Credit card

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by cotter77, Feb 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...looking to fill a gap in the credit card knowledge base out there. I hope there is someone who is knowledgable on the subject of credit card lifecycles that could offer some insight as to how a particular card gets developed, introduced and then when/how is is shut down or just pushed aside.

my main concern now is the whole old Chase Ink Bold versus the New Chase Ink Bold cards.
    I have the old. I want the new. I want the new bonus. How long can I expect the new Ink Bold to be around? or be marketed for? Should i be telling chase i want the new one? or just apply for the new online....and what if i get stuck on reconsider line with chase? how to be sure I would get the new second bonus?

I bet other peeps would be interested, if they have the new, can they still get the old?

Of course a lot of these questions would apply to AMEX gold cards too....I had an old AMEX gold biz card last march and 2 months later a NEW AMEX gold came out. i signed up for that one, got the second bonus (and the bump from 50 to 75k but not to 100k that was well discussed here and on FT).
    I sit on both cards and they dont see much action...will have to cancel the older one soon

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase does not give a bonus if you have had the card before.

From the T&C of the Ink card: If applicable, Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

jbcarioca likes this.