LifeMiles/Inside Flyer deal issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by tapchan, Oct 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. tapchan

tapchan New Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys,

Not sure if it's right place to post it, however I keep getting (and not only me, apparently looking at different sites) problem with getting the 150% LifeMiles/IF promotion miles.

I had a LifeMiles account before and registered at IF yesterday. Didn't receive the confirmation email, but tried to purchase the miles either way - no success, as only 100k shows when I choose 100k.
    When I try to access the Award Store, it shows:
    You have claimed all your awards, please check back later for more awards.
    Need to book few flights within Asia this winter and would be extremely happy to use LM miles, glad if anybody could help.
    Thakns.

iolaire likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd also signed up yesterday, did not receive a confirmation email, and am not seeing the promotion active on the lifemiles page.

iolaire likes this.
  3. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Hi @tapchan - it's fine this time, but please use the Feedback forum next time under the Community section. I get notifications for that subforum and can get back to you faster.

The numbers are processed on their end twice per day. They just processed the newest batch, so everyone but those in the last half hour or so should be registered. I got them to change the terms a bit yesterday to erase the 24 hour limit and extend registration until the 8th - you still have until the 12th to purchase them.

If you still have problems now (after you definitely should be registered) shoot me an email at support@insideflyer.com.

iolaire likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Post wherever you like, we'll find you—we're pretty friendly about that.

As Mark noted, they process files twice a day and LifeMiles will send you the confirmation, we have nothing to do with their operation. We announced earlier today that we were able to negotiate with LifeMile to end their 24-hour buy miles requirement so no worries until Oct 12. We've got you covered and we are here to help. Please don't worry and I love it that you have "plans". Way to go.

ACMM and Dublin_rfk like this.
  5. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for listening and responding to feedback.

ACMM likes this.
  6. kpc

kpc Silver Member

Status Points:
    After registering for this LIfemiles offer, how long would it take to get an email from Lifemiles? i registered over 24 hours ago but have not received any email as yet from Lifemiles. Thanks

7. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We batch files to them twice a day— 8 am and 5 pm. They then post into their members database at which regularity we do not know and then send out registration and purchase links from LifeMiles. I would not worry at all about the timing of the communication from LifeMiles as we were able to negotiate an extension on the timing for purchase. And for a backstop, you have InsideFlyer as your wingman and we'll ensure no frequent flyer is left behind on this. Here's the notice we sent yesterday morning to those already registered.

LifeMiles Update.

* Elimination of the 24-hour purchase rule and an extension of the date to register by.

Greetings and thank you for your early support of the relaunch of Milepoint >> InsideFlyer. It seems you like what we are doing for our members so please encourage us to do more.

There was some confusing instructions for this program at its beginning and for those of you who clicked to the LifeMiles website, you know that the confusion started there ... we were just the messengers! SO, InsideFlyer worked almost all day on Monday to negotiation some better terms for ours members. Effective immediately LifeMiles has agreed to rescind the 24-hour purchase rule. This means that you will have until October 12 to pay for the miles you are interested in. This is a bonus for members like me that are waiting for the loan papers at the bank to come through to pay for these miles. AND we have more good news. We were able to get an extension of the date for which you have to register with us for this promotion. Initially they wanted us to only make available registration for two days. We argued the point that with all that was going on with the relaunch that we thought it fair to have a total of four days which they finally agreed to and now we have been able to get them to six days. If you know a member (or a fellow traveler >> this is your time to be a best friend to someone) who was on the fence for purchasing these miles, please let them know that through Thursday they can register with us to purchase LifeMiles and still be eligible for the discounted Star Alliance partner awards.

For your patience, things got better for you.

As for payment, once LifeMiles has you in their system as registered by InsideFlyer (we send files twice a day to LifeMiles), they will contact you with confirmation and payment instructions. InsideFlyer does not get involved in that part of the promotion.

We hope this helps clarify and update a few things for you. As always, we stand by to assist you and feel free to contact us at any time about any thing.

You can contact us HERE.

Sincerely,
    the founders and the members of InsideFlyer

eponymous_coward and iolaire like this.
  8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did not get an email from lifemiles, but the promotion is active in my account.

9. old_dog_new_tricks

old_dog_new_tricks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nothing from AV yet.

10. elizadoo

elizadoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good news--never got the email from AV---BUT if I log in to the LM account and make a move to buy the miles, the Bonus is now calculated in. Thanks to whomever.,