Lifemiles 2x1 Miles Purchase Sale is On Through 5/30/14

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | South America' started by KenInEscazu, May 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

I thought I should check here to make sure this info was shared here and was surprised to find that it is not. Lifemiles runs these sales 3 or 4 times per year, and they are a bargain hunters dream.

You can purchase up to 100,000 miles per year (you might double check me on that, but I'm pretty sure that's the max), and if you buy them during the sale, they double them. The miles are $0.03/ea, so with the sale they come out to $0.015/ea. That's as good as it gets, folks, and they are Star Alliance, so you don't ever have to set foot on Latin American soil to enjoy them.

I do live in Latin America, or I might not otherwise know about this deal. These miles, when not using my MileagePlus miles on Copa, make intra-Latin American travel affordable. Otherwise it is anything but. With the two programs combined, I have more options, as each program gives preference to their own metal, even though they are both *A.

The deal is on until May 30, 2014, and you can buy them on, but a word of caution. The processing center for this program is located in San Salvador, so many US CC companies block the transactions unless you call to advise them ahead of time. Even if you call Avianca to buy them by phone, you may have this problem when they try to process your payment from Colombia or San Salvador. That's if you are fortunate enough to get an agent who speaks English well enough for you non-Spanish speakers to understand.

If you don't already have a Lifemiles account, you can enroll online. They don't care where you live. They will take your money and provide what they promise as well as any FF program.
    npombo likes this.