Lie-Flat?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by fauxfive55, Dec 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. fauxfive55

fauxfive55 Active Member

Status Points:
    Howdy folks.

I'm pretty new to the points thing, but figured I needed to do something to offset some of the cost of our annual trips to visit my wife's family in Vietnam. Reading up on the blogs, etc. I managed to book 3 business class award seats on Asiana leaving Jan 2013 (Steve and Gary were awesome from bookyouraward.com, by the way).

So...now that the trip is getting closer, can anyone tell me if the flight I'm on will have the lie-flat, Asiana quadra smartium seats?

From LAX-ICN my flight # is OZ203I

From ICH-LAX my flight # is OZ202I

Thanks in advance!

Jett Rink likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm gonna say no.
    Flight Aware says 203/202 are on 777/747 in a 3class config.

Looking at seatguru the 3class config 777 & the 747 in Business say angled lie-flat seats.

malikguy likes this.
  3. MrAlexMoore

MrAlexMoore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Always a good idea to check www.seatguru.com prior to booking if you can be flexible (select airline and flight number to search). It highlights seats with inconveniences to avoid and can give you a description of the seating in each section if you scroll over the image). When you are looking at the tickets in whatever booking site you are using, it should provide enough detail to tell you exactly what version of the airplane you will fly.

I have to agree, it doesn't look like you have the primo seats this time, but there's always the next one

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your outbound flight (OZ203) will have the new QS seats but not your return flight. In order to get the new QS seats for the return, you need to fly on OZ204 instead of OZ202.

5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Asiana has QS seats on two-cabin config and three-cabin config 777-200ERs. For the two-cabin config they are coded as "77L", while the three-cabin configs are coded as "77W", even though they aren't 77Ws. You have to watch out for the three-cabin 777-200ER, since they can either have the old seat or new seat.