LHR T4 ST lounge denying DL Reserve cardholder entrance

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Jul 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another good one... colleague @ LHR reports lounge dragon turning away Am Ex Reserve cardholders and stating that now only DL SC members will be admitted. Colleague pointed out that Reserve entitled holder to SC priviliges. No sir, the policy has been changed. When? A couple of weeks ago. Colleague called AmEx on the spot...CSR didn't know about this, so he transferred the AmEx CSR to the lounge dragon. Lounge dragon informed Ax CSR of same...Ax CSR didn't know about this move and was powerless to prevent turnback in spite of pointing lounge dragon to the relevant text on the DL website.

Nice one :confused:

I must ask, why do rational people bother with this fleecing system that DL operates, especially when corporate mendacity is so strong?

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did the Reserve card ever give access there? The card never gave the equivalent of SC membership, only access to Sky Clubs when travelling on Delta. There's no Sky Club at LHR. DL's website does not list access at LHR for reserve. I'm kind of confused regarding what the complaint is here.

anileze and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    It may not now. However, colleague used the DL ST lounge with this card last year and the year before. He said others with the same credential were also turned away during his time on the phone with Am Ex. Perhaps in the past he's been the beneficiary of lounge dragon munificence, but if so, it seems others had the same problem.

Not a problem for me anyway. I'm in BE from RGN... or avoiding ST altogether. Plenty of Star lounges at other LHR terms.

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The rules are not new. They may be confusing and put people in awkard positions, but the T&C for the reserve card have always been specific about delta lounges (and NWA for a while) and flying delta.

anileze and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Lounge @T4 does allow Plat & Diamond Medallion members access. I think none of the branded CC got access to the lounge. Ofcourse, I have not been there since Feb.

6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gold are eliteplus as well.

7. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct - Delta Reserve has always had very limited club access, and it is actually well disclosed at delta.com by credential type which clubs can be accessed.

David

LETTERBOY likes this.
  8. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree with DiverDave. I learned the hard way several years ago in PHL.

9. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    AMEX Reserve Card always seemed strange to me. You get DL SC only on day of travel. CO (now UA) had a co-brand MC that was a membership to the President's club, so you were always admitted no matter what airline you were on.

ST Lounge in LHR is decent but not as nice as BA's to be honest.

10. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using the DL.com club search, when the AMEX Reserve box it ticked, no lounges show up as options at LHR.

11. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    But PM and SM are STElite+ members - as such on international flights they have lounge rights.

anileze likes this.
  12. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:

Correct - myself (as a PM or DM) and family (GM) have had zero issues getting into the LHR SkyTeam Lounge as STElite+. :)

anileze likes this.