LHR T4 (CO) - when will they move to T1 (UA)?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by COFlyerCLE, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. COFlyerCLE
    Original Member

COFlyerCLE Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know when CO will move their gates at LHR? T4 is nice and all, but I get the feeling CO is a short-timer there.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  2. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is some sort of issue with BAA and moving CO to the other terminal, im not sure that has been worked out yet.

3. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    The issue at T1 is that it is being rebuilt at the moment. T2 is now fully demolished and will be built from the ground up, at which time T1 will be demolished. All the gates are being realigned as part of the project and, if you fly UA from LHR, you will be well aware that UA's old gate area is gone - you walk right by its remains.

So I would imagine that the issue is simply one of gate space. Having said that, there are still a few non *A airlines operating from T1 (Icelandair and El Al spring to mind) but I'm not sure that they would take enough gate space to effect a swap with CO.

4. qasr
    Original Member

qasr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope it is soon. T4 is such a hassle for any *A transfer.

Not to mention the crappy skytrash lounge in T4. I much prefer the BD lounge, or even the *A lounge in T1.

5. T1 *A Lounge is pretty awesome.

6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought the sky team lounge was ok there and the showers were decent.

Going through there tomorrow for a connection to BD. Off topic, but the intl concierge says I can use the arrivals lounge which is a Yotel according to the card they give me, but will that in fact be out of security (ie past immigration)? If that's the case I doubt I can use it since my final is DUB.

7. qasr
    Original Member

qasr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it is landside so you will need to enter the UK.

I would just head over to T1. The BD lounge has nice showers, and the *A lounge has showers (that never seem to work).

mht_flyer likes this.
  8. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks that's what I was thinking, thanks for the info.

9. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've only experienced the Skyteam lounge & the BMI domestic lounge at LHR. I've always really liked the Sky' Lounge.

10. I also have enjoyed the Skyteam lounge. My only complaint is that it was a tad busy.