LHR Lounge Priviliges

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by Captain Oveur, Nov 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not an Admirals Club member, nor a BA Lounge member.

I am flying DFW-LHR in upgraded C, connecting to CPT in Y on BA.

Do I get any lounge privileges by flying into LHR in C and being EXP?

Newscience likes this.
  2. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Others can better comment about what specific BA lounge you can use at LHR, but yes you do get lounge access.

Also, I'm not sure that you can still stay airside when connecting from T-3 [which is the terminal that AA uses] and connecting to T-5 [the terminal BA uses] but if you do have enough time, and have to re-clear security at LHR, flying C on AA entitles you to use the AA's LHR Arrivals Lounge, which is nice to get a shower to freshen up and grab something to eat.

Also you can use the Admirals Club at DFW as well. :)

[I'm assuming you're flying DFW-LHR on AA?]

I ask because if you're flying BA for DFW-LHR, schlepping all the way over to AA's LHR Arrival lounge is really a pain.

Others can chime in as to what BA lounges you can access at LHR, and whether you can remain airside when connecting at LHR.

Captain Oveur and Newscience like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an EXP, you can use the BA Galleries First Lounge (south end of T5) or the BA Galleries Lounges (north and south ends); I suggest the Galleries F lounge though!. To make the airside transfter, just follow the purple Flight Connections signs.

In T3 the AA Arrivals Lounge is landside - you'd have to clear passport control, make the landside transfter to T5, and then clear security in T5.

Captain Oveur and Newscience like this.
  4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for both of the responses (I'm on AA DFW-LHR)...a couple of follow-up questions:

I'd be entitled to the BA Galleries F Lounge even though I'm on BA Y LHR-CPT?

Can I connect airside from T3 to T5, no Passport Control or security re-clearance?

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an EXP (OW Emerald), you can use the BA Galleries F lounge in T5.

You can make the airside T3->T5 transfer up on arrival; just follow the purple flight connections signs.

Captain Oveur likes this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Have a similar question. Will be flying CPH-LHR in BA C then transferring to AA for LHR-LAX in F. Have almost 4 hours in LHR. I assume that I have access to the Galleries F lounge in T5 as well as he BA and AA lounges in T3.

7. Drlucy

Drlucy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you flying in to T5 from CPH then having to transfer to T3 for you flight to LAX?

You will certainly have access to the BA and AA First Lounges in T3 if that is the case - with regards to the T5 lounges, it might be a bit tricky as I think you would be directed to follow the flight connections signs and directed to T3 straight from there one you get off the plane, rather than being allowed into the T5 Departures area. (I have only ever exited at LHR as it's my local airport, so have never connected).

If you are flying in to T5 and departing from T5 then no need to go to T3 at all - yes you would be able to access the BA First lounge at T5, as well as the Concorde Room if you have a First ticket departing from T5.

Pizzaman likes this.
  8. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'll have access to all OW lounges (AA, BA, and CX). You'll likely prefer Galleries F in T5.