LHR Advice

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Aktchi, Jan 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be flying BA DEL-LHR into T5. Then five hours later I'll fly AA LHR-ORD from T3. I am AA EXP, will be flying coach. Quick questions -

1. After arriving in T5, do pax have access to duty free shopping are and lounges etc. (in T5), or do they have to proceed to immigration, exit etc.? Airports differ in this regard and my LHR experience is minimal.

2. If we will have access to shops and lounges in T5, are they "better" than what we'll find in T3? Trying to decide how to divide 5 hours between T5 (if it is an option) and T3.

3. At T3, I assume BA lounges are better than AA, but if you think differently, please let me know.

Thanks!

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Franklybrit

Franklybrit Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. On arriving at T5 you can either exit through immigration if, for some reason, you wanted to. Alternatively you would go through flight connections and not clear immigration. Clearing flight connections you would end up in the T3 shopping and lounge area.

2. No option to divide, you only have access to T3

3. You have lots of lounge options at T3 (Cathay, BA, AA, 3rd party lounges for other Oneworld, and probably some others). But BA first class is, in my opinion, a class above the AA first lounge. A la carte dining is my personal highlight.

jbcarioca, Aktchi and sobore like this.
  3. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Franklybrit, that's very helpful. So, no T5 options. I may as well use the more convenient option of Flight Connections and once at T3, try some lounge hopping. I do expect BA lounge to be the best overall. However, I'd like to at least see the AA lounge just put of curiosity, and CX may have interesting and different snacks/food.

To get into real details, if you happen to know, which lounge has the best showers, or any massage options?

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Best lounge for food/drink is BA F. Best showers I like the AA F lounge. T3 has a decent duty free selection. Try all the lounges out, but Im pretty sure you will like the BA F the best. BA F lounge has a spa, where you can pay for a massage I believe.

Aktchi and jbcarioca like this.