LH vs. LX? (food and service)

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Magnus, Feb 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Magnus
    Original Member

Magnus Silver Member

Status Points:
    I planing on spending some miles and have some questions about LH vs. LX. One of the legs I'm doing is ARN-XXX-HKG. So now I can't decide if I should dg for
    ARN-FRA-HKG on 744
    or
    ARN-FRA-ZRH-HKG on 343 (so I will experience FCL and FTL at FRA)
    the flight is in dec so there is a chance that the 744 will have new F. The seat it self is not really that important for me. I can even sleep 10h in Y, maybe not the best sleep but still. So how should I choose for best service, food and wine, LH or LX? That's what's important for me. and it will be my first real F. only done HKG-BKK in F on EK before.

Thanks for any tips.

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not fly one way LH and the other way LX? Service is pretty much the same. LX has less variability in food- LH can be good and can also be bad. Wine wise- I find the selections of LX really interesting as they normally have some small lots of Swiss wines that I have never tasted before. LH usually has the "big names". FCL and FCT are identical really- with the one advantage of FCL B also having a spa (which you pay for).

3. Magnus
    Original Member

Magnus Silver Member

Status Points:
    The thing is I'm planing on flying OZ on the way home, so I can only choose one of the flights. So many airlines so little miles...

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have never flown either- choose LX- also because they use the CX lounges at HKG which are far better than the * options.

5. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

SuperFlyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would tend to favor LX over LH (due to much better food and service on LX, *very* consistent on the F flights I have flown), but I would also recommend trying each of them...

6. Magnus
    Original Member

Magnus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even though I'm flying on LX to HKG and not from HKG will I still be able to use the the wing if I' connecting to TG F?

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    No- the invitations are only provided at checkin in HKG- so arriving flight will not qualify.

8. Magnus
    Original Member

Magnus Silver Member

Status Points:
    just as I thought.
    thanks