LH opup

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by redtailshark, Aug 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    But only from FRA to BHX. Of all places... who could imagine, super-high demand for Y seats to BHX!! Unfortunately for me, this didn't happen until I'd boarded - last, because it was a bus gate - to find another pax in my assigned seat and so I had to ask the purser to assist. In previous LH opup cases, the scanner beeps at the gate, or I've been summoned in the lounge beforehand.

I will say, the better food in LH intra-EU J did make this minor bump worthwhile. It was better than the braised squid's ass that KL used to serve in ES or J whatever they call it now.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was it an intended OPUP or just a duplicate seat assignment that the purser decided was easiest to handle by telling you to take a business class seat?

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't verify which because I didn't ask the purser. There was a seat dupe, yes. Also, I can say the flight was completely full - after I took my seat in Euro-J, every seat in both cabins was taken. I waited in the gally while the purser phoned the gate agent before directing me to the Euro-J seat. So it wasn't decided on-board. I've been op-upped on LH before, on a number of occasions, and usually it's flagged by the gate scanner. However, I'd checked in at out-station and was issued contractor BP stock, not the classic yellow thicker card. So all in all, who knows?