LH new flight MUC-LPA

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by ralfkrippner, Jun 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH adds a touristic flight from MUC to LPA Las Palmas Gran Canaria from Oct 26 on Sundays and during holidays also on saturdays. Its planned to be on a A321.

It's a good 4 hours flight. I don't yet find it in the flight plan, will probably be added the next days.

Condor and Air Berlin offer the same routing but with higher frequency and on widebodies ( DE 757 and AB 330 ). AB fares start from 89 EUR + tax, DE from 160 + tax. LH currently starts at 237 EUR + tax and I guess taxes will be higher on LH than on AB and DE.

So I wonder whats the business case for this new route and how LH will compete. Aero.de reports that LH sees their business class offering as a main differentiator to AB and DE. But IMO if you compare LH european biz to DE premium eco, DE wins hands down, especially regarding the probably very high fare difference at LH.

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess there's a certain growth on this route and LH caters to the less price sensitive flyer here who cares more about flying with LH and earn miles / status with them of instead getting a "discount" while flying with the other airlines, which are "low cost" operators. Overall, it's yet another choice on this predominant leisure route and there seems to be a demand for it.

Newscience likes this.