LH limousine service FRA

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Jetlag, Jan 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Jetlag

Jetlag Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi

I am flying from a European airport through Frankfurt and I have exactly 2 hours to my transatlantic connecting flight. I am flying in F award and I have never flown LH F before. My flight TO FRA will most likely arrive on a remote stand.

I have some questions regarding my time in Frankfurt, some of them which might be answered through other channels, but I just want to "be sure" ;)

Will I get the limousine service in Frankfurt? Is 2 hours sufficient time to visit First Class Terminal? If I do have sufficient time, will LH also provide this service to my connecting flight in F? If LH provide me this service, how long time before departure will they pick up and drive me to the aircraft? Is the First Class terminal worth visiting for that short amount of time?

Best Regards

2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your arrival flight to FRA is with LH and it gets a stand then you'll be driven to the terminal in a car/van (ie separate to the bus everyone else takes).

2 hours is plenty of time for a transfer at FRA, however depending on where you arrive from you may need to clear immigration (arriving from non-schengen means need to clear immigration to visit FCT) and possibly security also.

To get to FCT you'll need to leave the main terminal and walk landside to it (only takes a few minutes). If departing to non-schengen then immigration processing is done within FCT. Car/van to aircraft will leave about 40-60 minutes before departure (depending on where aircraft is parked it can take a while to get there).

The FCLs within main terminal are very similar to FCT. Differences include no immigration processing within terminal (but say a non-schengen to non-schengen transfer doesn't require it whereas visiting FCT you'd go through immigration twice), and depending on where aircraft is there may or may not be a car/van transport or you may need to walk to the gate

Wandering Aramean and Jetlag like this.
  3. Jetlag

Jetlag Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for detailed explanation :)