LH J lie flat and EK J lieflat..same same or different?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by excelsior, Apr 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure about cross posting etiquette on MP Ive just posted the below on the Ek thread. If folsk could please reply there in case etiquette forbids cross posting?:

As part of my diversification out of EK strategy Im doing a GRU_DEL_GRU on LH soon On seatguru the lieflat J seats look amost the same (the case of EK I mean the lie flat on the 777 )

How would people rate them in actual use? (Just the seat I know about the IFE etc) Appreciate feedback from any actual experiences

East_Yorker likes this.
  2. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both have "angled" lie flat seats which I find OK for daytime flights, but not very comfortable for sleeping since I keep slipping down.

Have you considered flying Swiss instead? You'll still get Miles & More credit, but with Swiss' new business class seats (the new A330-300s have them, A340-300s are getting retrofitted), you'll get true lie flat seats which are fantastic for sleeping.

East_Yorker likes this.
  3. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks I will trey SWISS in future but this time Lufthansa was 50 per cent cheaper and I could notm in conscience justify SWISS

East_Yorker likes this.
  4. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    The EK J seats (angled ones that is) are slightly better than LH's.

East_Yorker likes this.
  5. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having completed my LH flight I find the LH and Ek seats much of a muchness... Ek provides a thin mattress but there is a gap in the seat at my lower spine not in the LH case... of course the AVOD is much worse on LH...

6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't find LH AVOD that bad at all- OS with their looping videos on the otherhand is really poor.

excelsior likes this.
  7. excelsior
    Original Member

excelsior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahh but compared to Emirates LH AVOD is no contest..

Also the management of LH seems to be on drugs... it must be the only airline in the world where the quality of AVOD in first is inferior to that in business... and has been so for 4+ years now!! I know they say that they are (finally) refurbishing this over the next 10 years or something but still... what rank incompetence!