LH F: Short connection in FRA

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by alagnak, Apr 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Flying LH F DEN-FRA-BUD tonight/tomorrow.

Our connection time in FRA is 1:05 (though there is a later FRA-BUD if all else fails). The reports/online verbiage re: F pax transfers in FRA are a little nebulous (e.g will they send a car, will the F-bus leave first, etc, etc?).

I was planning to mention it to the Check-in agent/FA's once at the airport, but wanted to get some recent opinions on what to ask for/expect. We only have hand-carry baggage, so that should cut some time.

Given past FRA-XXX connections (in Y and J), I'd be nervous about making it in an hour, but in F, have some hope...

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Arriving in F certainly helps your chances. As long as your arrival is more or less on time you will be fine. I think you have a good chance of getting a gate in A (today for example arrived A55). Flights to BUD on LH usually depart from A- which means you won't need a car or bus in most cases. When you get off the plane, follow the signs to "A"- you will clear passport control, security, and then take the escalator down to the departures area (you will be near A26 when you are at the bottom of the escalator). You probably don't have any time for the FCL, but your connection will most likely be safe unless you are really late. When you are on the flight- if you see that the flight is delayed- mention to the FA that you have a connection to BUD- they may be able to send a message to FRA and get feedback on the likelihood of your connection still working. I would say you are >90% OK in this situation by the way. Have a good flight!

3. Thanks for the reply. An update/report.

Arrived ~30 minutes early. The F-Bus was waiting, and was vigorously protected by one of the FA's from F. Even turned away a J passenger trying to get on the bus with his friend. Once all 9 of us were loaded (minus friend who went with his buddy to the J bus), we were off.

Immigration queue was short, Security was not crowded, but still managed to take forever. Tip - if you need three people to look at a screen for 10 minutes, probably best to just take the bag out and inspect it manually? [​IMG]

Made it to A-18 at 46 minutes from touchdown, had enough time to walk down to the FCL for a beer and pretzel.

Probably pretty good for an Apron->A concourse trip. If we'd landed on-time, we would have been about halfway through boarding, so it's certainly possible to make a 1Hr connection, but I don't think I'd try it in Y/J.

Thanks again!

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good news that it all worked out well- and even better you had time for a beer and a pretzel. Thanks for reporting back!