LH extends priorty boarding for European flights

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by nldogbert, Aug 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Priority boarding now available on all European flights

So that Business Class passengers, HON Circle Members, Senators and Star Gold card holders can enjoy even more relaxed boarding, priority boarding will be available to them on all European flights with a gate position from 3 September 2012. Priority boarding enables them to board before all other passengers, which means that they can calmly stow their hand luggage. An announcement will inform passengers of the new service before they board.

The aim of this service is to make travelling with Lufthansa as comfortable as possible for our passengers and to eliminate queuing times when boarding.

I thought they did that already.. but never really noticed since I normally use the automated boarding gates when possible. So nearly always boarding early. But do welcome this if true. Cheers!

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    at least in CDG, as far as I remember there are always been two lanes a C & *G, and a Y line. I always board at the last time possible anyway since the lounge is only a 1 minute walk from the boarding gates.

but it's still good to see an improvement from LH...finally... , although small, a change in the right direction.

3. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't remember that being true anywhere in the Nordic region.

4. mhnadel
    Original Member

mhnadel Silver Member

Status Points:
    So for all the FRA flights that they use a bus for, you get to stand on the bus longer?

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flying OS yesterday from VIE, the gate display showed that *G etc. are welcome to board at any time.

In reality everyone was welcomed to board at any time.

Luca WAW and FlyingBear like this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct. First on the bus :)

7. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Experienced or rather not-experience this, 2 weeks ago @ DUS. There was now a sign above with Business + *G lane, but it was closed.. so everyone was forced to use the automated gates. I was hoping that they would do it like in the US (at least for AA), where they keep the priority lane always empty and you could walk straight up anytime for priority boarding.. not amused.. :p

8. SmooveG

SmooveG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually.. in December I was at ADD. There were actually 2 busses, a smaller one for C & *G and a larger bus for Y. We took off just before the Y passengers started boarding the bus. A first time experience for me as well.
    FRA should implement this as well in my opinion. Funny that ADD, a third world country seems to be more efficient here than FRA.. a first world country. :D