LH and Kids - a pleasant surprise

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by WilCo, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the service LH gives my kids on board. Yes, they have the program with the little toys to help kids stay quiet on the plane. While that is a cost that some airlines would cut quickly to save money, Lufthansa realizes that it helps not only the parents of the small kids, but also all those around the parents of the small kids!

More importantly (in my opinion), is the culture that seems prevalent. I can't recall a single flight attendant that has been rude to us when our kids get a little louder than an adult passenger. In fact, I can think of many that have gone out of their way to make our journey more comfortable. Again, in my opinion, that not only helps us, but all those around us!

Most recent example was a short flight from BUD to MXP. 1.5 hour long, but filled with great memories. From the time we stepped on board, the flight attendants seemed genuinely pleased to have us (and our kids) on board. Shortly after takeoff, one of the flight attendants informed us that there was an entire row free towards the front of the cabin if that would help us be more comfortable. She then proceeded to help us gather our carry ons so we could move.

Contrast that with the Continental flight attendant that we had a few months back that basically told my wife that my 15 month old was disturbing the other passengers and could we do something about it. She also offered a different seat, but it was not nearly in the same tone as the Lufthansa attendant.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with the service we have been receiving with Lufthansa and I think my kids (and all those around us) would also agree. Thank you, Lufthansa!

2. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

BGO-commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a really cheap way to ensure loyal PAX, and I hope the management recognizes this. For people with kids, traveling is stressful enough and small (free) services like this ensure that customers stay loyal to the company.

Big thumbs up to LH if this is the standard service for PAX traveling with small children.

3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH is excellent with children-they have had a lot of practice in patience with their HON circle members- this learning can be transferred to other "demanding" travellers-seriously though, glad to hear it is appreciated.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget that the long-haul flights also stock special kids meals that you can request from the FAs.

[​IMG]