LH 747-400 Upper Deck: Closet for rollaboard bags?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jun 1, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    First time I get to fly LH on the upper deck (business class 747). I will have a backpack and a 21" rollaboard. Do they have the same storage closet setup next to the stairs as UA?

Newscience likes this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    You wont be in business class on the upper deck on a 747-400...upper deck is downstairs on that, first is upstairs.
    747-800 has some business class in the upper deck. As for baggage storage if it is like most 747-400 there is a closet area to the right when you ascend the stairs, but I don't know for sure since i haven't been on the LH 748

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That used to being the case, but LH is reconfiguring some 744s to remove First.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Boeing_747_400_V4.php

There are also reports on Flyertalk that they are selling the F seats on the upper deck of not-yet-reconfigured aircraft as business class. We'll see what I'll get.

I am definitely not scheduled to fly on the 748 :)

So no one here has flown on a LH 744 upper deck to answer my original question?

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    So then if its a reconfigured plane that had F then there will be a space on the right above the staircase...I highly doubt they'd change much more than the seats.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So to document my own experience:

- no problem using the closet next to the stairs
    - LH actually has largish overhead bins and the rollaboard would have easily fit in there
    - LH doesn't have those bins next to the window seats that I love on UA's 747s.

6. Fluffynet

Fluffynet New Member

Status Points:
    I just bought a business class ticket on an LH 747-400 (FRA to BKK). Business class is in the upper deck (I am seated there). Looks like First is in front on the main deck.