LGA Lounge Hopping - report (image heavy)

Discussion in 'EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF | NYC Area Airports' started by dmel, Jan 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got to LGA a bit early for my flight this morning, so decided to lounge hop. I apologize in advance for how blurry some of these pictures are. Multiple posts are due to the restriction on the number of images per post.

I parked on the Level 4 in the main terminal parking lot, and walked to the A/B walkway. First stop was the (new) Maple Leaf Lounge.

[​IMG]

I presented my LoungeClub card to the agent, who told me it wasn't accepted. Back in my wallet it went and out came PriorityPass. She then asked for my BP. I told her I wasn't flying AC and she said she still needed to see the BP. She scanned my AA mobile BP and processed the PP card manually (using an old fashion CC machine... no electronic swipe. I'm not sure what would happen if a non-active PP was used, since no confirmation was done. Perhaps PP would send you a bill for the guest rate? Even so, you would still have gained access.

The lounge was fairly empty -- there were only a handful of people scattered about. Offerings included bagels, pastries, (limited selection of) yogurt, cereals, hot oatmeal, bread (with toaster). Definitely better breakfast selection than other lounges. There were no accouterments for the oatmeal, but I added some honey from the coffee bar. The coffee is from a Van Houtte machine (served in Seattle's Best cups), offering cappuccinos/lattes/hot chocolate, etc. For brewed coffee, the machine gives you the choice of strong/medium/mild strength.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  2. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

While there is a lot of newspaper rack space, only WSJ and USA Today were "in stock" this morning. I had never been to the old CO club, but if I had to guess, no work was done for the MLL. They have plans to move to a new lounge in the sterile area. The lounge definitely shows its age. There are even some old payphone-style phone booths (with no payphones) in the anteroom (coat room?) of the bathrooms.

[​IMG]

Two computers are available; I didn't attempt to use them.

[​IMG]

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Next stop after a two minute walk through the corridor with offices: the UA Club.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You're already on the 3rd floor, so the entry door puts you right at the check-in desk. I presented my UA Club Card (I don't often fly United but just took advantage of the Chase UA Club CC with $0 first year annual fee) and was asked for photo ID. I showed it and was told to enjoy my stay (having watched me on the CCTV at the door, the agent joked: "what, you didn't want to take a picture of me?").

I've never been to this lounge; the point of the visit was just to see it. The lounge was busy, but not full by any means. Lots of seats to be had. I got a cup of coffee, hid a beverage voucher for someone to hopefully use by tomorrow, and left.
    [​IMG]

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  4. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another two minutes, and I was at the D concourse security line. Around 7:20am, there was no one in the PreCheck lane and only one person in the PriorityAAcess lane. I didn't take note of the how full the regular line was, but I can say that it wasn't backed up to the doc checker. Quick scan and "beep beep beep" and less than a minute later I was through PreCheck and at the Admirals Club.

My master bathroom is out of commission at the moment, and the shower in the hall bathroom has been known to wake my son (adjacent room) up if he's not sleeping soundly, so I didn't risk a shower this morning. The shower room was unoccupied, so I had a quick shower. The room was immaculate when I arrived, except for a small dollup of conditioner on the floor directly under the dispenser. I'm sure the floor/room was thoroughly cleaned, and the product dripped afterward. The shower head sends the water horizontal, which I thought was weird (not sure if this is the same head across all Admirals Clubs). Also, more water "escaped" the shower than I expected... the floor immediately outside the curtain was, while not "flooded," pretty wet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After that, some more coffee (which I put in a paper cup to take with me on the plane), some FaceTime with my now-awake family, and it was soon time to board.

In Summary
    The walk from A to D is really not bad at all, so until the MLL moves airside, if you have a bit of time and PP, go for it. The hot breakfast was nice-- much preferred (for me) than the mini bagels on offer at Admirals Clubs.