Leveraging The Delta Reserve AmEx For Status And Perks

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    In the interest of full disclosure, I am not getting any commission out of a referral link in this post. I am writing to spread the gospel of the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express to those of you who are looking to attain elite status on a legacy airline, but who might not otherwise qualify based on butt-in-seat miles. To be up front about things, this card is most valuable if you can put $60,000 of spend on a single card in the course of a calendar year. The card still has some real value if you can put $30,000 of spend on the card in a year, but if you don't think you can meet those annual spend requirements, this card is not for you. Used strategically, and with a healthy amount of spend over the course of a year, the Delta Reserve card might be the single most valuable card I can think of for a dedicated Delta flyer. Now, to be clear, it's not the most lucrative card in terms of earning points. And the annual fee is $450, which is substantial. But, for various other reasons, it may the best card out there if you value elite status on any legacy airline. That it happens to give you status on the best domestic carrier, hands down, is icing on the cake. The post Leveraging The Delta Reserve AmEx For Status And Perks appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...