Let's hear your opinion: which airlines have best biz & F seats in 2013?

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by dstober, Nov 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dstober

dstober Gold Member

Status Points:
    So which air's seats will you gladly park your butt in for many hours for international flights? For Europe travel? For Asia? North America? South America? Africa? Let the opinions begin...

2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    For J seats, US Airways and EVA Air, absolutely love that seat (same seat on both). Although I do like the extra bells & whistles of the Cathay seat.

3. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    LOVE Cathay business! Favorite business seat of the one's I've flown. Singapore also very good....and both have had great food the times I've flown them. Will be trying BA First in A380 next year LHR-HKG...looking forward to that flight.

latent49, jbcarioca and dstober like this.
  4. So I should fly Cathay to Europe or The USA????

dstober and jbcarioca like this.
  5. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    For us, the BC seats in UA's Trans-Atlantic flights, but ONLY on the older, rebranded CO ships. The UA ships have a jog to the right, that hits me right at my knees, so lie-flat is uncomfortable - give me the 777's out of IAH, that were CO ships before "Black Saturday."

The UA 747-400 FC are OK, but nothing special. The duvet and turn-down service are nice though. When asked about turn-down, my answer to the purser was "Heck, I'm married, I get enough 'turn-downs' as it is... " Wife reached from the pod behind me and smacked my head - glad that we were not in side-by-sides!

6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for US Envoy Suite.

7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Long Haul only
    Business : 1) SQ; 2) US/DL/CX...(so long as it is only about seats these and a few others all are pretty much equal). However, it the equation includes anything other than the seat itself everything changes to favor, depending on the routes, several Asian/Middle Eastern carriers.

FC: 1) EK, SQ (tie) 3) too many to count. However, F is not just about suites so AF wins hands down for there best FC lounge services including Alain Ducasse catering, carrying FC passenger bags to the lounge and car service to connections. LH gets #2 for the FCL, but the food is far below the AF standard and the lounge is slightly less stellar. (this is rather like comparing a MB S class to a Maserati Quattroporte though. LH is more reliable but just not exciting. AF is exciting. The CX Wing at HKG remains a superb FCL also, especially since renovation. Emirates ground services and air services are very, very good too, but it is more 'over the top' than simply excellent. OTOH I am flying EK FC tonight and am quite ready for Glenlivet 21 for me and Dom Perignon for Mrs jbc

dstober likes this.
  8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    F seats: CX and JL suites personally I prefer the JL food and overall service. CX wins in the pajama category.
    Not particularly impressed by the Wing in HKG both times recently way too overcrowded.

J new AA seats.

jbcarioca and dstober like this.
  9. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How come there's no talk of Air Canada from Canada to Europe upfront?

Flyer1976, jbcarioca and dstober like this.
  10. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    SQ for F

CX For J, Y

jbcarioca and dstober like this.
  11. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was reading that LH A380 biz seat isn't as good as the A330. The A380 is not layflat.

I'd like to hear about LH vs Air Canada vs OS hard product.

12. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    OS new hard product is nice, but I'm a smaller guy too. Foot well is small, but my feet don't get near there while laying down. AC EF suite (the blue herringbone) on AC is comfy, but for flying with someone you should sit across the aisle from them, not next to them in the center on 77W and 77L. The G/K or F/K seats work decently for couples on 333 and 763 respectively. Personally, hard products wise, I'd say OS > AC > LH (angled lie flat, never had the new flat ones). Soft product, I'd say AC and LH are comparable on average, OS is the best of the bunch by far, and probably the best soft product in C (or C in general) in the EU/TATL market, except for SQ 25/26.

dstober and dhammer53 like this.
  13. Joseph99

Joseph99 Active Member

Status Points:
    I

14. Joseph99

Joseph99 Active Member

Status Points:
    Flying NY to paris this week. Choice between American 120 (757) and AF007 (a380)
    Anyone know which BC seat is better.

gregm likes this.
  15. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both are pretty mid-range these days; neither is fully flat. Lounges in NYC aren't much to speak of for either. And I'd plan to sleep on board rather than eat so I'm not sure the catering would come in to play too much. In that regard the later AA flight would probably be my choice. The A380 does benefit from being a noticeably quieter ride.

You can also try reading some of the comparisons from RouteHappy, perhaps??

As an aside, this thread is in the Star Alliance forum and you're asking about two airlines which aren't in *A.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  16. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I took the reverse flight AF006 last month, second row of Biz, upper deck, and they still have the "almost flat" seats. The food was great.....the AF usual, i.e. foie gras, which I passed on, but all else was great. My only complaint is the lack of lie flats.