Let's Eat - International Economy

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by lhrsfo, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please post away, but I'll make a start.

Feb 2011 SFO-LHR meal consisted of "beef" or "pasta", with salad, bread roll, margarine and a brownie. The meal has improved enormously over the last few months. I cannot report on the "beef" but the pasta was hot and tasty and, after I had poured the excess liquid away, even had reasonable texture. The salad was tired but the mint flavored brownie was good.

Breakfast, also, was much improved. It now consists of a banana, yogurt, a pastry and a couple of cookies. The pastry was sad indeed and the yogurt way too sweet, but overall not bad.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    In January I did IAD-MUC and return and had the missteak on the way out which was quite good with a, "lips and hooves" style salad and the mint brownie. The steak was served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, which were soggy as usual. My wife had the pasta (which was really cheese lasagna) and did not care for it, but I thought it was at least edible.

Breakfast was a pastry that was still frozen (could've been used as a wheel chock when we landed in MUC) and some yogurt that was passable enough. All in all, not horrible.

3. Sorry. Don't understand why this thread would exist?

qasr likes this.
  4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think we really need photos. Some of the C and F meals can be imagined easily enough by their descriptions, but the true nature of a Y meal cannot be revealed by words alone. [​IMG]

hulagrrl210 and lhrsfo like this.
  5. I have flown this LHR router a few times last year.
    Food overall on most every airline seems to have improved in 2010.
    In Business, its certainly better these days as well.

It is still just a sustenance amount of food in beggar's class. I normally get hungry on flights, but I am not aware of a buy on board option for International either. I normally try to bring snacks with me, as I guess I get tired of many of the same items on flights.

6. Let me be more clear. No one wants to hear anything about what happens in international WHY class.

7. Correct^

8. CrazyMonkey
    Original Member

CrazyMonkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would suggest for INTL economy class "meals" post info/pictures of the food you purchased to bring on-board, where you go it, etc. so others could follow suit

Axey likes this.
  9. Axey
    Original Member

Axey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent suggestion!

10. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Because most people in the world fly in Y, and this is great info to have. I'm flying IAD-LHR in a couple days and would love to know what they're going to throw at me to eat.

BurBunny, lhrsfo and hulagrrl210 like this.
  11. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those of us who are underprivileged or cheapskates, it is helpful to know what we can expect and whether or not we should pack our own lunch.

BurBunny likes this.
  12. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's not eat the airline food - INTL Edition.

13. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems that some don't want this post to exsist unless it is within the pararmeters of what they want, pictures etc, if you don't like what is posted then don't read it, or better yet start your own thread with pictures. I for one am interested in what is served in economy with or without pictures makes no difference to me.

calvinoeh and Jslo like this.