Let's do this!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by jamesdt7, Aug 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. jamesdt7

jamesdt7 New Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone,

So I'm very new to all of this. I've been trying to do a lot of research and figure out which cards to look into, which loyalty programs to sign up for, and which airline alliances would best match my cards of choice so that I could transfer points and get the best deals. I'm living in Nashville and want to be able to travel domestically as well as occasional travel to Europe for cheap/free if possible, maybe even business class(???).

So far some of the cards I'm interested in are the CSP, chase freedom, Citi thankyou premier, and AmEx everyday preferred, as well as others. If just getting 1 or 2 for now, what do you recommend is best? Eventually will be racking up more and more cards but can't meet all the signup bonus spending all at the same time. What do you recommend for my travel needs?

Thank you!

vickers and Counsellor like this.
  2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint, jamesdt7.

For others, there is a poll the member has posted, over here, that relates to the question.

Newscience likes this.
  3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MIlepoint. Word on the street is that Chase is limiting approvals on their products if one has too many recent approvals/applications. I wasn't able to find a link for this one, but I have seen it several times. For that reason, I would hit the chase products first. The Chase Sapphire Preferred and Freedom cards are a great combination, as you can earn 5% cash back in quarterly categories on the Freedom card and transfer those points into the Ultimate Rewards program.

4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    if he's going to start there might as well get the Ink if possible too

vickers likes this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Agree. If you can leverage the 5X categories on Ink it's a beautiful thing.