Lets build a great Local Point for the Nordic airports here

Discussion in 'ARN/CPH/OSL/HEL | Scandinavia Regional Airports' started by SirRagnar, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Nordic comrades

I asked for this forum to be created so I'll also take lead in getting us started with guides for our Nordic major airports.
    My home airport is CPH, so I will start by a brief guide to that which can be built upon. I am hoping there is a representative from OSL, ARN and HEL around also that can help with those airports?

Do you have any other good ideas to what we should built in this forum?

2. pseudoswede
    Original Member

pseudoswede Gold Member

Status Points:
    Local Point seems to be more of a forum where we schedule meet-ups and such. I figured airport guides would be better off in the Destination Travel forums.

Good work on CPH, though.

3. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. This is not how I understood this forum though. There is a specific forum for Meet-ups. Judging from the other threads in this forum it looks more likes guides to the various airports.
    Destination Travel forums are more oriented towards sights to see, restaurants to eat at and other items of interest - that's how I understand it at least.

magic111 likes this.
  4. pseudoswede
    Original Member

pseudoswede Gold Member

Status Points:
    The title of the forum is...

Local Point

Where members meet—locally

But I understand what you're saying. Maybe some clarification from the powers-that-be can solve this.

5. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Point taken. Well in that case we could make a "Who needs to be guested in at the XXX lounge for a mini-DO" thread :)

6. magic111
    Original Member

magic111 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I came here not for a meetup but to find information about scandinavian airports as I will be using a couple in August, OSL and HEL. So I agree with your analysis.

Generally it my understanding that the users define the forum more than the power to be. For some reason this user thinks that some parts of the topic should be included both in airports and destination forums. Transportation to/from the airport to the city for example. One item that my search is always on the lookout for.

But connections IME invariably end up in the airport forums. Duplication can't be all bad though.

7. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since the forums have airport identifiers, I agree that the content should at least include information on the airport themselves, access/airlines/amenities, etc.

The meeting up can land anywhere from this forum to Community to a specific airline if its a country specific carrier (like ac or ba have dedicated groups that usually become almost self-contained in their airline pgm forum)

SirRagnar, please share whatever information you have on your airports, I'm sure it will be much appreciated esp with the DL fares that forgot YQ which were recently being sold ;)

SirRagnar likes this.
  8. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'll see about getting that CPH guide updated.
    Sadly, my experience with the other Nordic airports are limited. I usually only travel south-wards, so I am hoping for some assistance from my fellow Nordic MP'ers to complete OSL, ARN and HEL.