Let the whining begin....

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by milchap, Aug 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. NordsFan
    Original Member

NordsFan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was at YUL on Monday 01AUG and experienced some IROPS because of Red Alerts. We arrived at YUL on AC8717 around 1615 and sat on the ramp for almost 2 hours. The flight crew gave us constants updates and the FA was simply fantastic: multiple water and juice service and giving out snacks, etc.

Despite this, and the rather evident bad weather conditions (high winds, hail, nearby lightning), some pax just didn't get it and voiced stupid complaints to the FA....one guy came up 4 times and said "The captain is lying to us...I will make a complaint and demand compensation"........

3. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    The infrequent flyers just don't understand how serious a Red Alert is for ground crew......
    My late mom use to repeat to me.....manage your expectations.....the infrequent flyers have expectations...:eek:

4. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    on the airplane, AC actually gives reports. on the ground TERRIBLE. buddy was telling me about a red alert at LGA that backed things up in YYZ/YUL on 25th of July. said gate agents were no where to be seen and did not even bother giving notice of delays. just kept delaying the times or in his case, cancelled the flight.

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its understandable to kvetch, but certainly the passengers should realize that some conditions are out of their control and sometimes all you can do is ride out the weather disturbances.

As for LGA, I often use flightaware, or the flight boards for information. Agents are only at the gate at the time of boarding as its a fairly congested area to post someone. For information, there is the stand in front of main gate area for AC and that area is always staffed.

7. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    i am talking about at YYZ. no issue with congestion on that end and no where to be seen. flight boards updated after noted departure time. nice eh.

9. Exit Row
    Original Member

Exit Row Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ugh... typical. The liberal-pinko media is just calling it SunWing (yeah, that's a believable name) because we all know they love to protect Air Canada. This is why I will never fly that government subsidized, crappy airline called Air Canada ever again. On WestJet, this wouldn't happen and I would be put up in a 5-star Paris hotel for the night and be told corny jokes until I fell asleep. Air Canada has ruined my life for the last time...