Let Me Tell You How Sick I Am!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Steven Schwartz, Feb 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, got an email from one of the Broadway ticket sellers - think it was Ticketmaster. The subject that I could see when I went into my gmail account said "See the Broadway show 4000 Miles.

Hmm, I thought, that's not a lot of miles to see a Broadway show. I wonder what show it is?

Putz. That's the name of a new show - yup, 4000 Miles. I'm kind of imagining that there are some people on MP who might have had the same reaction so I'm sharing it. But the majority of the world, upon receiving that email, were not as confused as we were!

Funny thing is that if the name of the show was 50,000 Miles, I probably never would have opened that email and never realized that I have a problem!

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    You don't have a problem. Their show is simply insufficiently grandiose.

CharlesG and flyer_o like this.
  3. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    On a more serious note, you can actulaly redeem SPG points for Broadway tickets reasonably well for select shows. I've acquired excellent seats (third row) for as little as 1000spg+$30.

4. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to know. I never bother to look at the more "exotic" redemption options, but some of them are very good value.

5. During the redemption itself there are various options to look at , that only can save us & our points

6. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    So? Is the show a musical comedy about mileage running?

Steven Schwartz and Sweet Willie like this.
  7. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hah! I guess I'm sick too, but in a different way. My first thought would be "Dang, I can earn 50K miles by going to a broadway show? Well, there have been crazier promos. Now how do I get to New York?"

Andyandy

8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sick sort of but I'm in that club along with my fellow us air grand slammers. Most of us bought tickets to weird shows like some odd poet in odd places in North Carolina (I live in St. Louis) that we never showed up for just to get a hit and a few miles.