Lesson Learned - DM/PM buying tickets for others & bad address on record

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by diver90, Feb 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is not a kvetching post. I hope my experience can provide some guidance to others.

We are planning a summer holiday to AUA and planned to cash in miles for the 3 members of the diver90 family. We also have a good family friend and her daughter that we have invited along and we planned to buy their tickets. The award tickets were relatively easy to get and I contacted DL to purchase the tickets for the two others. That went smoothly as well. I set them up with new FF/SM accounts and completed their purchase. I asked for them to be put on the same record as us and was told that couldn't be done but they would make a note in each record that we were traveling together. OK sounds good so far.

I downloaded my AMEX transactions today and saw that I had been charged $25 for each purchased ticket. I contacted DL and was told by the frontline person that since the tickets were not for me, that the $25 charge would apply. I pointed out that this information was not shared on the original call and that easily accessible information on the website states that DM/PM members would not be charged $25 for the direct purchase of tickets. She told me that the fee could not be waived but I could speak with a supervisor. Additionally the e-receipt stated that I (my name) purchased the tickets but the address was some unknown location in NC. She told me not to worry about that. I stated that I was concerned as someone's personal information is being mingled with mine and I wanted to get that straightened out.

Long story short, I spoke with a supervisor who said they would reverse the charge but I was cut off after that and am in the process of straightening out the erroneous address information.

Hope this is helpful to someone, sometime or even better, that you never have to deal with it

2. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update - No Amex credit yet. Grumble, whine, moan, Note to self: Call 'em again.