Leg room

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by diver1, May 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. diver1

diver1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which is a better first class seat UAL 747 or Chian Airline From SFO to PEK I am 6' 6"

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    " Chian Airline From SFO to PEK I am 6' 6" is NOT a plane, while 747 is a plane. It is unclear exactly what you wish to compare or what the question is...

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not really. The OP wants to compare the F seat on the UA 744 to the Air China 744 which also operates the SFO-PEK route.

The CA F product looks decent enough in the virtual tour here: http://www.airchina.us/en/virtualtours/index.html. The company seat map calls the bed length 80". UA's bed length is 78" per the specs.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fair enough. You understood better than I did, maybe because you already knew that CA runs a 744 between JFK and PEK. I took it once 7 years ago but I did not even care what metal it was back then...

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, it is SFO-PEK, not JFK. And the OP states that route pairing quite clearly in the post. Sure, they misspelled China but it wasn't that hard to figure out. Realizing that there was a period (or semicolon) missing between PEK and I wasn't too hard either.

As for knowing that SFO-PEK is a 744 route for CA, I didn't. It took all of a minute to look that up and another minute to find the seat maps and figure out the details.

If you don't really care or don't understand then there's no reason to get involved in a thread. Let others who do understand or care help out.

als66208, rockyrock, MX and 3 others like this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing earth-shattering. It simply was not that clear to me or I would just have looked up the answer...

7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    BTW, is the hostility necessary at all?:confused:

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Says the person who told the OP that " Airline From SFO to PEK I am 6' 6" is NOT a plane" ?

rockyrock likes this.
  9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there anything inaccurate about what I wrote? I said "inaccurate" and not "hostile" because you seem to be confusing the two.

BTW, that I was not trying to be hostile is the main reason for my mea culpa for not initially understanding the OP, because, while I have lived in the US most of my life and am a US citizen, I was not born here, so that I am especially sensitive not to disparage folks whose first language is not English. I simply did not understand what the OP was asking. Next time I will be sure to come to you to translate posts for me into French, Spanish, Italian, or non-traditional Mandarin Chinese so that I might be able to understand and respond fluently in most or with some fluency in others...

traveler likes this.
  10. diver1

diver1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys. Number 1, I am sorry for not spelling China correctly . Number 2, As far as I know there is a plane called a Boeing 747, I did not know to change a 747-400 to a 744 as I thought that it was close enough for a question . Number 3 Thanks for answering my question and # 4 Most important, the heading for this forum is " Newbies " thus the mistakes . Also as a side note, the main reason that I was asking the question was just to get a sense of which is better for a tall person ....not to start a war of words . Thanks for all your help ...and have a great day !!

11. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Everyone needs to lighten up, after all this isn't TOBB. NYCUA1K as well as Seth (Wandering Aramean) have been very helpful to me and many others as well.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  12. diver1

diver1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Aramean ... can you send me the link to the bed / seat size as I only found it a 190 CM on there web site = 6' 2" 1/2 ?? Thanks

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points: