Lebanon Trip Questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Beachgirl07, Feb 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Beachgirl07

Beachgirl07 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My 18 mature young college student daughter is ADAMENT about going to Lebanon. I am concerned
    about the travel warnings and she will be traveling alone to meet a friend who lives there in Beirut.
    Has anyone made travel there? What do I need to know about Visas and do we contact the embassy
    here in the US or in Lebanon? Thank You Mile Point Family!

gregm and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to understand if this is a serious posting. IMHO, a thorough reading of the US State Department warning should discourage most would-be American travelers to Lebanon, see and carefully read it at the following link:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/lebanon-travel-warning.html

FWIW, my barber is Lebanese-American, and had travelled to Lebanon to visit his family last year. He hasn't made plans for return so far for this year, due to the increasing dangers.

Beachgirl07, gregm and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why on Earth would anyone want to go to Lebanon?!?!?! :confused::eek:

Newscience likes this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose technically she doesn't need your permission, but I would advise against it, as, I'm sure, much, if not all, of the MP community would.

Visa info: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/lebanon.html

Beachgirl07, LETTERBOY and Newscience like this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like Lebanon and think there are some fabulous people + places to see there but I would NEVER let my 18 year-old daughter travel to a predominantly Muslim country solo - WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING

Beachgirl07 and LETTERBOY like this.